Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Rumpshot

Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Post by Rumpshot »

Time to set the date for RR 2012. Halloween is in the middle of the week. Last weekend in Oct or first weekend in Nov. Does anyone have a specific preference?

There is a local bullet caster that owns a .50 BMG, and a .30 cal. Both mil-spec full auto. He is interested if we are not the same weekend as the Big Sandy shoot.

I would like to have an actual .45-70 match or two. I was thinking our 265 yd gong off-hand, iron sights for one; and something a bit further, rested, any sights. $5.00 entry, winner take all. I believe Flintlock Tom, AzMark, and myself would all be interested. Bring a .45-70 or borrow one and join in the fun.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Count me in, but I can't make it the last week-end in October: my son's birthday.

.45-70 match? Check!
$5 entry fee? Whoa!! I had no idea I was in the presence of "High Rollers"!! LOL!

I'll bring a couple .45-70s and enough ammo to share if anyone else would like to participate.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rod

Post by Rod »

Depends on our Australian trip. Wife REALLY wants to go so off we will go.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Gotta start planning right now! We want to be there the same time as Flintlock Tom, but have you noticed that the first weekend in November comes just before Election Day? We'll need to do absentee ballots; we couldn't get back to MO in time to vote in person. In This. Very. Important. Election!

How about a percussion revolver match?
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

*IF* things go the way we hope (unless my mom's heath radically deteriorates), I'm looking to fix our RV with some extra funds from my 401(k) - (it NEEDS 7 new tires, smog check, generator tune-up, engine maint, refrigerator repair/replacement, water heater repair/replacement, and some cosmetic repairs), but that's FAR cheaper than trying to get a newer RV for my sun-sensitive wife, who REALLY wants to go this year and see everyone again (especially Rumpshot and his wonderful wife).

I miss heading out and shooting with the rest of you folks, as well as the meeting and greeting of forum members, and getting ready for Rumpshot's only helps us get ready for other trips during the year and subsequent trips afterwards.

Besides, I'd REALLY like to shoot a .45-70, and/or a "Quigley Down Under" gun, and see how it feels (ESPECIALLY IF TANNERITE IS INVOLVED).

So, we're HOPING to make it to this year's RUMPSHOT'S REVENGE (finances willing)!!! BOTH of us are simply ITCHING to get on the road, and RR is a GREAT motivator to help get my wife get enthused about going!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Dino suggests absentee ballots. I have mine ordered.

Tom can't be there on Oct 26-29.

Dino and Little Sister sound like they want to be there. 308Mike and his lovely bride want to make the trip.

.45-70 matches are in the works. A request for a percussion revolver match.

A NEW gunshop in Chino Valley owned and operated by a young couple from Wyoming.

Let's get this set for Nov 2, 3, & 4,2012.

Halloween pumpkins should be available for sacrifice. Need to make plans for a Tannerite purchase. A trip to the scrap steel yard is in order to acquire more clanger steel. Gonna need some younger legs to hike clangers out further along the hill and further up the hill. Maybe build a brass catcher.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Good News. The Big Sandy Shoot is the weekend before RR 2012!

That means that we are not competing head-to-head with the Full Auto Shoot in Arizona.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Location from Google Earth: "Rumpshot's Revenge" lat=34.9864312648, lon=-112.498974592

Linky No pushpin to mark the location this way. Near the northernmost point on FS174 is a two track road that goes up into the canyon.

For driving directions contact me.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

How the area for camping at the site? Fairly level for the RV? How about the drive into the site?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

308Mike wrote:How the area for camping at the site? Fairly level for the RV? How about the drive into the site?
Level is no problem. The drive in is rough, but I have had my 26' UHaul box truck up to the site. John drives a car that should only be driven on pavement into the site. Go slow, plot the tree branches and you should not have a problem.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona