Nifty little thing

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
JAG2955

Nifty little thing

Post by JAG2955 »

So as I was picking up my MTV (Modular Tactical Vest) today at supply, as I was checking out, they asked me if I wanted a nape pad for my helmet. I answered yes, and I found that now the Marine Corps is fielding a small piece of kevlar that covers the occipital/brainstem area of the skull. It fits right over the nape pad on the new H-style suspension system.

Kinda cool, it closes the gap between the neck protector and the bottom of the helmet. It doesn't add much weight, especially with the new lightweight helmet.
Linky
GroundPounder

Re: Nifty little thing

Post by GroundPounder »

Heard about a gentleman whose neck protector saved him from a pistol round. Couldn't hurt to have something covering that part of your neck, too!

Plus, makes the whole "sentry silencing maneuver" a little more difficult.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

meh, we all have them on our ACHs the cant hurt but they do make it a little harder to turn your head or keep your ACH up over your eyes when looking up or in the prone position
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Hey, Wiz! Glad you made it over to the new place. :D
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

oh yeah im here, yall cant get rid of me that easy!!!
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

The Wizard wrote:oh yeah im here, yall cant get rid of me that easy!!!
Welcome back!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad