I bet the Air Farce has a ribbon for this

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Rich

Re: I bet the Air Farce has a ribbon for this

Post by Rich »

I was working on my third row when I retired after 21 years. Had a JSC (I wasn't the only one put in for it) not awarded because two Colonels were feuding. One endorsed it, and the other was in a position to block it, so he did. Neither Colonel was down at the squadron level. I did have multiple PUC and Outstanding Unit awards however.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I have ignored this thread til just now. Finally cracked it open and read from the bottom up. Saw Jericho's push back, then finally saw Vonz OP.

BZ shipmate. Epic troll. LOL'ing
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered

Post by Jered »

Vonz90 wrote: 3. There is a significant anti religious strain in the AF for some reason- note the lawsuits at the AFA etc. I am not close enough to know why, but far from the only one to notice it. As an aside- the only practicing Satan worshiper I have ever met was as AF LtCol, he claimed there were lots of them in the AF but I would not count out lying from a Satan worshiper. If true though it could be related.
They call Satan the "Father of Lies."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote:They call Satan the "Father of Lies."
Satanism, at least the church founded by Anton Levay isn't really about Satan, so much as antireligionism with a healthy dose of Nietzsche thrown in.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote:
Jered wrote:They call Satan the "Father of Lies."
Satanism, at least the church founded by Anton Levay isn't really about Satan, so much as antireligionism with a healthy dose of Nietzsche thrown in.
They are probably lying about that.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Who?

If you read into it, youll discover that most socalled "Satanists" are just aethists with asshole personalties, in the same manner that "Church of the Subgenius"(Slack, JR Bob Dobbs)is aethists with a warped sense of humor.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rod

Post by Rod »

randy wrote:
TheArmsman wrote:When were you at Camp Smith? I was there at CG FMFPAC communication center 88 - 89.
I was at IPAC (dual hatted as part of CINCPAC J2) 89-90. My shop moved to Hickam in late 90 as part of standing up a BDA cell during DESERT SHIELD and merged with several other units to become JICPAC in 91.
Interesting. Did either of you ever meet or know a Marine Major Idenne Whetzel? She was my sister-in-law and was working in Intelligence.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
randy

Post by randy »

Don't recall the name. Might have met her in passing but didn't work that closely with any Marines in the Targeting world. (A few on some special projects but they were all male).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".