China planning to invade Taiwan

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Vonz90

China planning to invade Taiwan

Post by Vonz90 »

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... iwan-2020/

I doubt this is true, they do not have "A" plan to invade Taiwan. No doubt they have dozens of plans to do it.
Jericho941

Re: China planning to invade Taiwan

Post by Jericho941 »

The last I heard, China's amphibious capabilities began and ended with crossing rivers. More or less. Certainly not anything like putting 400,000 troops across 90 miles of ocean.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jericho941 wrote:The last I heard, China's amphibious capabilities began and ended with crossing rivers. More or less. Certainly not anything like putting 400,000 troops across 90 miles of ocean.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.scmp.com/n ... p=1#xxri=0
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

They'll keep taking islands and threatening freedom of navigation. Attack on the oblique in a low key way. Build pressure. Try to demonstrate weakness of distant allies like the US. Demonstrate value in aligning with the Middle Earth powers. Bring Taiwan to the table for negotiations, incremental wins on little matters to larger matters.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Vonz90 wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:The last I heard, China's amphibious capabilities began and ended with crossing rivers. More or less. Certainly not anything like putting 400,000 troops across 90 miles of ocean.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.scmp.com/n ... p=1#xxri=0
Welp. That's a start.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote:They'll keep taking islands and threatening freedom of navigation. Attack on the oblique in a low key way. Build pressure. Try to demonstrate weakness of distant allies like the US. Demonstrate value in aligning with the Middle Earth powers. Bring Taiwan to the table for negotiations, incremental wins on little matters to larger matters.
All of it matters little so long as the US Navy has an interest in the South Pacific. So theyre playing the waiting game...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt