Security risk for immigrant recruitment

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
randy

Re: Security risk for immigrant recruitment

Post by randy »

Gee, color me surprised. Here's my shocked face: :o

This has only been going on since at least the 80's with street gangs and Aryan Nation punks signing up to get training and conduits to better toys.

And another .gov program that loses focus on it's actual mission and takes shortcuts to boost it's stats and "success stories"? Again: :o

Especially given the laser like focus on capabilities and reality vs politically correct platitudes of the past 8+ years? :roll:
The program has had many success stories – most notably the Army’s Soldier of the Year in 2012, Sgt. Saral Shrestha, originally of Nepal
Another shocker (I think I've worn out the icon). To paraphrase The Last Centurion :"Where'd you get Gurkas! Well, we had these Nepos just sitting around..."
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

If we want to recruit foreign troops, we should study how the French Foreign Legion does it and adopt that approach.

We probably can't do it though, because it's too "mean."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

It bears a striking resemblance to the documentary I just watched on the decline of the Roman military.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

skb12172 wrote:It bears a striking resemblance to the documentary I just watched on the decline of the Roman military.
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Personally - I think that if we want to recruit foreign troops, we should take a deep breath and then not do it.