Mil Exchange online shopping opening to vets

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
randy

Mil Exchange online shopping opening to vets

Post by randy »

From a VFW e-mail: https://www.vfw.org/actioncorpsweekly#OnlineExchange
Online Exchange Shopping Eligibility to Expand: Beginning Veterans Day 2017, almost 13 million honorably discharged veterans will be permitted to shop online at all four military exchanges, but you have to first register with VetVerify.org, which will use Defense Manpower Data Center records to verify eligibility. On Veterans Day, eligible veterans will be able to shop online by logging on to the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, Navy Exchange, Marine Corps Exchange, and Coast Guard Exchange websites at, respectively, shopmyexchange.com, mynavyexchange.com, mymcx.com and shopcgx.com. Military exchange shopping is tax-free, plus your patronage helps to return more than $300 million annually to support on-base morale, welfare and recreation programs. Verify your eligibility. https://www.vetverify.org/
Thought this would be interesting for those of us that didn't retire. If nothing else will make a nice comparison against other sources.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rich

Re: Mil Exchange online shopping opening to vets

Post by Rich »

Thanks Randy.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Know some people who did their hitch and got out, this might be a good thing for some of them (especially those hard-headed SOBs that won't go to the VA about a service-connected disability).

Thank you!!!!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

And if anyone tries the verify program, and it doesn't work, try it again on Monday, when there are humans involved. If that doesn't work let me know.
(The secret to a successful First Sergeant is that he/she doesn't have to have the answers, they have to know where to find the answers.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Went ahead and tried registering. Just waiting on verification now.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I'll probably register. This may well turn out to be a valuable source of price comparisons, if nothing else. Thanks for posting this, Randy.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.