Mattis nominates Muslim Brotherhood stooge

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
toad

Re: Mattis nominates Muslim Brotherhood stooge

Post by toad »

Source PJ Media via Politico.....break out the salt.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

It's a fair guess Mattis understands all this -- and more deeply than any of us. Given his reputation as a leader and thinker, I'll give the benefit of doubt for now and count on him having her on a short leash. One thing he values highly is people with deep understanding of local culture and history, maybe she impressed him in that area.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

blackeagle603 wrote:It's a fair guess Mattis understands all this -- and more deeply than any of us. Given his reputation as a leader and thinker, I'll give the benefit of doubt for now and count on him having her on a short leash. One thing he values highly is people with deep understanding of local culture and history, maybe she impressed him in that area.
You have more faith in him than I do. He was a good battlefield commander, that does not necessarily mean he will be good at the political side of this (or that his politics are even right).

I do think he will attack some of the cultural issues well, and I am glad for that, but he would not have been my pick. (Could have been worse I suppose.)
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I hear you Vonz and don't disregard your concern. Though, I'm not sure any have your confidence so... ;)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

I sort of wonder if it is a case of her following orders. A subordinate that follows orders can't be all bad.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Cobar wrote:I sort of wonder if it is a case of her following orders. A subordinate that follows orders can't be all bad.
I would rather he hired the Admirals and Generals that got fired for questioned the orders to stand down for Benghazi.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Yeah well, duh. ;)

If wishes were horses...

First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

blackeagle603 wrote:Yeah well, duh. ;)

If wishes were horses...
We'd be in horse poop up to our ears.

I'm hoping that he's working on the theory of "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom