Russian War Footing

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Darrell

Russian War Footing

Post by Darrell »

What's going on? Russia is supposedly steeling for a war, nuclear or otherwise. What's their beef? Bluff, or for real?
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Frankingun

Re: Russian War Footing

Post by Frankingun »

I think they're bluffing. They don't even have the resources to finish off Ukraine. But the one time the wolf is actually in the village and starting to eat babies...
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I have severe doubts about Russia's maintenance on their nuke arsenal. I wonder what the betting odds are that one launches, hits within the CEP, and actually detonates.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Well considering that Hillary said she would put a no fly zone in syria implying that the NATO would shoot down Russian planes. How would that not escalate?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I'm seeing a lot of stuff about threats of war, recalling everyone home, DEFCONs moving....

None of them are from what I would consider a reputable source.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Is this about the exercises Russia is conducting? If so, they've been doing these every year since 2012. It's pretty much standard disaster preparedness fare, although some people have take the most recent one as a response to our debates. It is not.

The DEFCON nonsense, as Steamforger pointed out, comes exclusively from loonies.

Putin's rhetoric, if certain "navy engineer says he saw flying saucers in Antarctica" sources are to be believed, is nonsense. If our justification for a missile defense system in Romania is protection from Iranian missiles, that gives him a political opportunity to save face and he should not cry about it being a great lie, because let's face it: Russia has invaded one of our allies (Georgia) and the neighbor of our NATO allies (Ukraine) in very recent memory. Putin wants his buffer zones. He can cry about the US shoring up civilization's defenses against his backwards-ass moves or he can stop invading countries we ostensibly care about. Either way, he can get fucked.

If anything, all of this is proof that isolationism went the way of the dodo. We are in the time of the American Empire, and it is up to us to decide whether we cede that title to Russia or China, or hold on to it for dear life.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Definitely war footing