The Philipine Navy revives the grease gun

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
rightisright

Re: The Philipine Navy revives the grease gun

Post by rightisright »

Aesop wrote: which begs the question:
"Who makes a red dot sight with a 400-mil ring aiming circle the weapon requires?")
*Snort*
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Either way, I wouldn't mind having an M3 of my very own.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

They are available, and Alaska allows Class 3.

However, you better save your pennies. The ones I've seen come up for sale are stupid expensive. They go for more than a M1921 Thompson. For some reason, there are not very many that were registered.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Actually, here's one for sale now. $16,000 is cheap for an M3A1. I've seen them for 2x that.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index ... mment-6805

Opportunity knocks!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I can't afford to play in that sandbox, unfortunately.

Edit to add... I guess that's not entirely true. But I'd have to give up too many other things, to afford to play in that sandbox.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Without the stupid BATFE and its unconstitutional regulations, an M3A1 would probably be about $500.

However, if you can't afford to buy it at current MG prices, you can't afford to feed it.

Getting back to the thread on "how much ammo is enough" an MG makes that number go up by an order of magnitude.

To give you an idea, when I go to the range with friends to shoot some Title 1 firearms, we talk about how many boxes of ammo we need to bring.

When I go to the range with friends to shoot some Title 3 firearms, we talk about how many cases of ammo we need to bring.

A case of .45 ACP is about $500. Figure on burning through two or three cases of ammo every trip to the range with an MG.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Mike Dillon has been making great strides against that problem for some decades now.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

rightisright wrote:
Aesop wrote: which begs the question:
"Who makes a red dot sight with a 400-mil ring aiming circle the weapon requires?")
*Snort*
I think that the engineers that designed it found post war employment working for Sturm Ruger designing the mini14.. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt