Hiring S.Korean Marines.

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
toad

Hiring S.Korean Marines.

Post by toad »

The local police are hamstrung by their civilian masters while things get more and more violent in "ethnic" cities. Maybe the thing to do is to privatize policing and hire outsiders to do the job. This was done in some ancient cities. Athens did it in the age of Pericles slave/archers from Scythia were used. If you got cross wise with them you'd be lucky if they only beat you with an unstrung bow, really piss them off and you got the shaft.

I suggest the hiring of South Korean Marines for the job. In the Vietnamese war they scared the cr*p out the Viet Cong. It the Koreans got ambushed they'd round up everybody they suspected of taking a shot at them. Then they'd slice off an ear. They told the slicees if they saw anybody with a missing ear near them, game over.
First Shirt

Re: Highering S.Korean Marines.

Post by First Shirt »

Watching a platoon of ROK Marines doing PT in karate uniform pants, no shoes, no shirts, in 10 degree weather, complete with about a foot of snow, convinced me that I don't want to get crossways of them, even on a good day. And the platoon sergeant and platoon leader were out there doing it with them in the same uniform!

Great guys and all that, but they're so tough they wear their uniforms out from the inside! Not people you want to irritate.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

First Shirt wrote:Watching a platoon of ROK Marines doing PT in karate uniform pants, no shoes, no shirts, in 10 degree weather, complete with about a foot of snow, convinced me that I don't want to get crossways of them, even on a good day. And the platoon sergeant and platoon leader were out there doing it with them in the same uniform!

Great guys and all that, but they're so tough they wear their uniforms out from the inside! Not people you want to irritate.
Makes you wonder if they really needed us back in 1950 or if they would need us now if it happened again. I've heard the Filipino marines are equally horrifying.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:
First Shirt wrote:Watching a platoon of ROK Marines doing PT in karate uniform pants, no shoes, no shirts, in 10 degree weather, complete with about a foot of snow, convinced me that I don't want to get crossways of them, even on a good day. And the platoon sergeant and platoon leader were out there doing it with them in the same uniform!

Makes you wonder if they really needed us back in 1950 or if they would need us now if it happened again. I've heard the Filipino marines are equally horrifying.
When the *other* guys are just as terrifying, but 'our' guys have pointy sticks and the other guys have been provided with tanks.... Yes they needed us.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
toad

Post by toad »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_ ... rine_Corps

I had to refresh my memory a bit but the S. Korean Marines were formed up in part because they liked what they heard and saw of the U.S. Marines. While the Korean's wont admit to it, a lot of their military training is based on what they learned from the Japanese. Thus they've combined a training regimen that uses the stick quite a lot and damn little carrot. The watched the US Marines frighten the Chinese, the North Koreans, and they new about what the Marines had done to the Japanese. So they wanted that.
The problem they have now is their stock of tough Koreans volunteers has been reduced because of the tendency of S. Korean youth to get lard assed doing video games. There are still some country fold who can do it but they are more concerned about getting wives because of the woman shortage.