Changing the “Macho” Male Culture of the US Military

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Baja boy

Changing the “Macho” Male Culture of the US Military

Post by Baja boy »

"This means that the Ranger School “experiment” was an experiment in name only. It was guaranteed from the beginning to graduate a woman and that graduation would be used as proof that the combat exclusion rule needed to go. This, of course, matches what every Army Command Sergeant Major (9) in 2011-2013 told me was said to them by high-level CSMs and General Officers while attending their pre-command courses: “women will be in combat arms and women will graduate Ranger School, if any of you has a problem with that, you need to get out of the military.” They reported that the Ranger Instructors at Ranger School were told the same thing."

http://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/ch ... s-military
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
PawPaw

Re: Changing the “Macho” Male Culture of the US Military

Post by PawPaw »

This comes as a surprise how? In this culture of gender confusion?
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Rome is crumbling. Prepare your Plan B.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Yes. A vagina with a gun is clear sign of barbarians at the gates.
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Yogimus wrote:Yes. A vagina with a gun is clear sign of barbarians at the gates.
You just reminded me of an old South Park episode.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Yogimus wrote:Yes. A vagina with a gun is clear sign of barbarians at the gates.
The military has a ton more problem right now than the women in combat arms. A competent military could easily deal with the small percentage of woman who are both willing and able to serve indirect combat roles. Unfortunately our military's leadership can no longer be called competent.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Do a bit of research on the failed Israeli experiments with women in combat. There is a reason most of their female troops are in support areas. When your entire military is women and/or non gender specific social justice experiments, and anyone not on board with that is told to get out, well...superior technology can only take you so far. It may not be superior for much longer either, as that gap is also closing.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I wouldn't be surprised if I know the writer of that article.

I do not give two shits if a woman is in a combat arms position. I do care if she can do the job. Incidentally, I care about it the exact amount as I care if a male can do their job.

And yes, they absolutely are trying to change the culture of the military. It's become a social experiment. It's why we have all those all those special months, from African American Heritage month to LGBTWTFBBQ month. It's why "male privilege" is now part of the Navy's domestic abuse training. It's why the number of required annual training hours only increases each year for everything under the sun, for every single special-interest group that you can name.

I'm going to make a hundred copies of my DD-214 and roll around in it now.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Fine, abolish the dual PT requirements. Everyone takes the same test.

SA
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

skb12172 wrote:well...superior technology can only take you so far. It may not be superior for much longer either, as that gap is also closing.
In what area?