Air Force General augers his career into the deck.

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Cybrludite

Air Force General augers his career into the deck.

Post by Cybrludite »

"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
skb12172

Re: Air Force General augers his career into the deck.

Post by skb12172 »

Fuck 'im. You can't fix stupid.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

skb12172 wrote:Fuck 'im. You can't fix stupid.
Which is why McCain continues to be re-elected time and time again (but then again, they haven't put up many reasonable candidates against McClown, have they?).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Proves what I've said all along; You don't need brains to be a general.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

First Shirt wrote:Proves what I've said all along; You don't need brains to be a general.
Usually seems to be a reverse correlation between the two. Though Mattis seems to have done well by substituting balls... :lol:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Oh, there's a few flag officers with brains, it's just not a requirement.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Termite

Post by Termite »

Congress and the Pentagon want "Frank Burns" types, not Chest Puller types.

I suspect in this case, though, Gen Post is a card-carrying zommie member of the Fighter Mafia.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

look at his eyes....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... crazy+eyes

They're not just for girls. Anybody can have 'em. For a reason.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
randy

Post by randy »

Termite wrote:I suspect in this case, though, Gen Post is a card-carrying zommie member of the Fighter Mafia.
Appears so

Ring Banger, F-4 and F-16 pilot

1996 U.S. Air Force Anthony C. Shine Award, Fighter Pilot of the Year

And it looks like his Joint assignments were the Pentagon and a short ticket punching assignment in South West Asia which probably had more admin than operational responsibilities, with no extensive time in working/planning with grunts for CAS, BAI or AI missions.

And his operational stick time looks like it was primarily during the period when the Electric lawn Dart absolutely sucked at anything requiring delivery of ground attack munitions (I think it's better these days, but more due to the development of the munitions, not the airframe and avionics). Type A personalities don't tend to spend a lot of time doing or supporting things they aren't good at themselves.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
toad

Post by toad »

Ooooh that has to burn the fighter Maffia
Heh, Republican female former A-10 commander writes Obama on the need to keep the A-10.
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/mili ... /22533095/