Women in Ranger School

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Cybrludite

Women in Ranger School

Post by Cybrludite »

Col. Kratmann is against it. I'm sure folks who've read his stuff are shocked, shocked to learn that. :lol:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
PawPaw

Re: Women in Ranger School

Post by PawPaw »

It was sure to happen, although I'm not convinced that it's a good idea. However, with "equality" comes all the other rigamarole.

It's a whole lot tougher to get into Ranger school now than when I was a youngster. Back then, we called it the John Wayne School for Boys. Vietnam was in full swing, and Ranger school was looked on as a graduate degree in small unit tactics. If you wanted to go to Ranger school, all you did was fill out the paperwork. In a couple of weeks, you'd get orders and you headed to Benning. If, when you got to Benning, you could pass the standard Army PT test, you got in. The wash-out rate was about 30%, and as soon as you either washed-out (or graduated after 12 weeks), you got orders to Vietnam. Lots of young infantry officers got to Vietnam with brand-new Ranger tabs and never served in a Ranger unit. Good infantry officers, all of them, but never actually used that Ranger tab, except as a merit badge for promotion boards.

I've seen artillery officers with Ranger tabs, Armor officers with Ranger tabs, and even had a chaplain that was Ranger qualified. There's probably another story there, but I never learned it. He probably got the Ranger tab as enlisted, then later went to divinity school. Roman Catholic priest, he also had a CI B, and the Pathfinder device. He cussed like a shipwrecked sailor, and drank like one too. But, nobody in the chain fucked with him, and he'd turn up in the field pretty often to say Mass.

Nowadays, I understand, you actually go through a pre-screening before you even start Ranger school.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Every Col. I've served under at my district has had a Ranger tab. All were engineers except for one Armor guy. You can swing a dead cat on JBLM and hit 2 dozen.
Termite

Post by Termite »

..........So we will lose. We will lose battles and skirmishes we didn’t need to. We will lose men and women we didn’t need to. And if we finally hang the tabless bitch responsible, like Twain with regard to Cecil Rhodes, I’ll buy a piece of the rope, for a keepsake.
THIS
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Won't kill anymore people than the women on tank crews
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

D5CAV wrote:Won't kill anymore people than the women on tank crews
There are women on tank crews? That's just heresy.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Greg

Post by Greg »

Cybrludite wrote:Col. Kratmann is against it. I'm sure folks who've read his stuff are shocked, shocked to learn that. :lol:
He's suggested how it could be done properly. But he's pretty much spot on about the coming clusterfuck.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jered

Post by Jered »

Greg wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:Col. Kratmann is against it. I'm sure folks who've read his stuff are shocked, shocked to learn that. :lol:
He's suggested how it could be done properly. But he's pretty much spot on about the coming clusterfuck.
That's the focus of The Amazon Legion.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Jered wrote:
Greg wrote:
That's the focus of The Amazon Legion.
Thanks. Guess I shouldn't assume everyone knows that. :|
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

If they want to do that, then make all of the standards the same. If you are going to do the man's job, then you have to meet the man's standards. Same height/weight and PT standards.

They do not do that because it would disqualify 99% of the population of women (if not more) - which goes to the point. The people who are pushing this are doing it for political reasons and do not give a rat's ass how it impacts the service and how many people will get killed in the future because of it.

I do not discount the possibility that we will end up loosing battles and or wars in the future because of this PC crap.