Manufacturers dropping Dicks

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Manufacturers dropping Dicks

Post by Vonz90 »

Rod

Re: Manufacturers dropping Dicks

Post by Rod »

Soooooo Dick's is getting dicked. Gotta love it. Bankruptcy in?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Not even close, firearms sales are a tiny chunk of their sales, and probably one of the least profitable. Frankly if someone like under armor pulled out, it would affect them alot more.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote:Not even close, firearms sales are a tiny chunk of their sales, and probably one of the least profitable. Frankly if someone like under armor pulled out, it would affect them alot more.
. .as I said before, it has relatively little to do with the sales dollars in firearms and everything to do with what it does to their traffic. I am not saying it will impact them much or not since I don't have the details, but if they carry the stuff, it is likely they know the importance of it to their business or they would use that floor space for something else.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote:
HTRN wrote:Not even close, firearms sales are a tiny chunk of their sales, and probably one of the least profitable. Frankly if someone like under armor pulled out, it would affect them alot more.
. .as I said before, it has relatively little to do with the sales dollars in firearms and everything to do with what it does to their traffic. I am not saying it will impact them much or not since I don't have the details, but if they carry the stuff, it is likely they know the importance of it to their business or they would use that floor space for something else.
Mossberg is the first "big" manufacturer to pull out, and in the meantime, theyll carry on, selling other brands.

As for it affecting sales, the local dicks doesnt sell either guns or ammunition, since e day rhey opened, and its consistently busy.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I bought two pie irons from Dick's four years ago, and I haven't set foot in the place since.
Why buy from dicks?
Unfortunately my lack of business with them won't cause them any new distress.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy