Diversity Bridge Fell Down

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Diversity Bridge Fell Down

Post by D5CAV »

I'm sure you all saw the pedestrian bridge that pancaked in Florida killing 6 people: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/16/co ... suits.html

What the MSM failed to mention was that this was a celebrated "Diversity Bridge" prior to it's failure: http://takimag.com/article/diversity_br ... z5B9gpD4JV

It was designed by Atorod Azizinamini, who was honored as a "champion of change" by Obama: https://news.fiu.edu/2015/10/white-hous ... ange/93007

It was built by MCM, which stands for Munilla Construction Management, owned by the Munilla brothers, Raul, Juan, Jorge, Lou, Fernando, and Pedro.

It's construction was managed by Leonore Flores, a manager at MCM, who was quoted in this puff piece from FIU:
Leonor Flores ’98 is a project executive and one of 63 FIU alumni who work for MCM, the construction firm building the FIU-Sweetwater University City Bridge. She was excited to share her work with her family, especially Michelle, who is interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) in school. Said Leonor: “It’s very important for me as a woman and an engineer to be able to promote that to my daughter, because I think women have a different perspective. We’re able to put in an artistic touch and we’re able to build, too.”
Yeah, I'm sure she is artistic, but she might have had some problems with "maff".

Funny how the celebration of diversity in STEM disappeared from the narrative once the bridge failed. Smith must have had to work feverishly to change the facts to fit "Big Brother's" program.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skb12172

Re: Diversity Bridge Fell Down

Post by skb12172 »

Natural law trumps social engineering.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Same company is building a bridge/overpass between Indiana and Illinois.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

There's a meme for this:
roman-bridge-built-in-104ad-feminist-bridge-built-in-2018ad-31652975.png
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

scipioafricanus wrote:Same company is building a bridge/overpass between Indiana and Illinois.
Any idea where exactly? I may have to re-route my next trip back to visit the family.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

MCM US Project List
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

randy wrote:
scipioafricanus wrote:Same company is building a bridge/overpass between Indiana and Illinois.
Any idea where exactly? I may have to re-route my next trip back to visit the family.
East Chicago, Indiana: http://wgntv.com/2018/03/16/designers-o ... t-chicago/
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I'll put that one on my list of roads to avoid.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

FWIW, here's the inscription from that Roman bridge, and the English translation:

Pontem perpetui mansurum
in saecula mundi
fecit divina nobilis arte Lacer

Permanent bridge will remain
forever in the world
Lacer (designer) made by the famous art
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

AvE did a video on the collapse, and some really clever detective work on why it happened.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt