Africa Wins Again...

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Langenator

Re: Africa Wins Again...

Post by Langenator »

I understand that farmers are deeply attached to their land, which in many cases their families have worked for many generations.

But if I was a white farmer in SA, I would have sold my land as soon as Mandela died (Mandela was pretty much the only thing holding this back for a couple decades) and emigrated to the U.S.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Langenator wrote:Mandela was pretty much the only thing holding this back for a couple decades
^^^^ That!
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote:
Mr Malema ... told supporters he was “not calling for the slaughter of white people‚ at least for now”.
:shock:

There's no way any of this can end well.
Of course hes not calling for it, the nudge nudge, wink, wink thing theyve got going now doesn't need it.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator wrote:I understand that farmers are deeply attached to their land, which in many cases their families have worked for many generations.

But if I was a white farmer in SA, I would have sold my land [strike]as soon as Mandela died[/strike] decades ago (Mandela was pretty much the only thing holding this back for a couple decades) and emigrated to the U.S.
FIFY
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Langenator wrote:I understand that farmers are deeply attached to their land, which in many cases their families have worked for many generations.

But if I was a white farmer in SA, I would have sold my land as soon as Mandela died (Mandela was pretty much the only thing holding this back for a couple decades) and emigrated to the U.S.
Only problem is that most of the farmers in RSA are the wrong ethnicity to get an immigrant visa for the US. Now, if they change their name to something that sounds Hispanic, like "Nikolas de Jesus Cruz" (even if they don't look remotely Hispanic), learn Spanish, and take a vacation in Mexico ...

Sarc off: I hunt in Africa. I know some of these farmers and PHs. I've asked them the same thing. No one will take them, not Australia, not the UK, not the US, not the Netherlands. If you are a 50 year-old farmer in South Africa and don't have 20 years experience in C++ or JAVA programming, you are f#####d. May as well just laager-up with your neighbors and take a few of the kaffirs with you.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

^^^^^ This. I tried to sponsor my sister and her husband to come here. Yes, unfortunately they're the wrong ethnicity. After many go arounds of "Oh you're still waiting? Send us <this document!" "We've already sent you <this document>" "Well send it again" they gave up. The irony is that my sister is an experienced COBOL programmer (this was when the Y2K-bug was a big deal).
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

D5CAV wrote:Only problem is that most of the farmers in RSA are the wrong ethnicity to get an immigrant visa for the US.
Its worse than that - RSA does currency controls, and getting any significant amount of money is anywhere from difficult to impossible. Many that can get out are turning to various crypto currencies to bypass these laws.

Add in the fact that you cant sell your farm as nobody wants to buy it, because, tada! The government may be siezing it anyway.

In short, they're screwed. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

How bad does it have to be for them to claim refugee status?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Termite

Post by Termite »

I'm glad de Klerk dismantled South Africa's nuclear weapons and program. The thought of the ANC with nukes is spooky.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
randy

Post by randy »

Termite wrote:I'm glad de Klerk dismantled South Africa's nuclear weapons and program. The thought of the ANC with nukes is spooky.
I'm thinking that de Klerk and his fellows were thinking the same thing, hence the (relatively) sudden divestiture. ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".