Africa Wins Again...

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Netpackrat

Africa Wins Again...

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Re: Africa Wins Again...

Post by Vonz90 »

"Unexpectedly" worse poverty and food shortages will follow.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

But the ANC said there will be no food supply problems...
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Jered

Post by Jered »

...I had to do this.
25iho7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Rhodesia part (what is it now) 5?

I guess if you are 70 and think you can hold it together for another 20 years, have no soul, and really want to completely screw those you leave behind. Or your RACISM is that strong...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Just for reference, I do not actually think that some kind of land redistribution would not be the worst thing in the world if done right. The first part of doing it right is making sure you pay the people for what you take (it does not have to be all at once), the second part is you make sure that people who get it are actual farmers who can do something with it. The overall record was not great, but it actually has been done successfully here and there at times.

When 80-90% of my great grandfather's estate was excoriated, the part that was taken was given to some party apparatchiks, who had it clear cut all at once (it was mostly a timber producing land) and then abandoned it. Meanwhile, the peasants who worked for my family were actually worse off most of them lost their jobs because he could not afford to hire as many of them. A few years later they took the rest of it too and all of the peasants were out on their ears. This unfortunately is typical and probably about the way this will work out.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

"It was amended but supported by the ruling African National Congress and new president Cyril Ramaphosa, who made land expropriation a key pillar of his policy platform after taking over from ousted PM Jacob Zuma earlier this month."

When I asked my buddies in South Africa, the response was was "Anyone would be better than Zuma".

Ooookay .....
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
g-man

Post by g-man »

I had to explain the whole "Rhodesia went this way, and it didn't work out too well" bit of history when I read the article highlights to my wife last night. She reminded me of the fact that Cape Town is nearly out of water, which all the mass media are blaming on 'climate change' and anyone with any sense rightly lays at the feet of the government's inability to plan beyond the end of their noses.

The man said it, and it bears repeating:

Let. Africa. Sink.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

g-man wrote: The man said it, and it bears repeating:
Let. Africa. Sink.
I thought "the man" said T.I.A. ? ;-)
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Mr Malema ... told supporters he was “not calling for the slaughter of white people‚ at least for now”.
:shock:

There's no way any of this can end well.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D