Turkey wants to invade Greece

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
First Shirt

Re: Turkey wants to invade Greece

Post by First Shirt »

Frankingun wrote: And the Kurds need their own country.
Yes. Yes, they do.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

First Shirt wrote:
Yes. Yes, they do.
Of course, historically, Greece included all of western Anatolia too.
Rod

Post by Rod »

SS, DD
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

First Shirt wrote:
Yes. Yes, they do.
Theres a bunch of geopolitical reasons why this will never happen, not the least of which is the hypothetical Kurdistan would probably occupy what is now south eastern Turkey, and northwestern Iran, both of whom are loathe to give up territory and both also aren't terribly fond of the Kurds..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote:Theres a bunch of geopolitical reasons why this will never happen, not the least of which is the hypothetical Kurdistan would probably occupy what is now south eastern Turkey, and northwestern Iran, both of whom are loathe to give up territory and both also aren't terribly fond of the Kurds..
The Iranians have been at war with the US since November 1979, Turkey's been on my shit list since they blocked our northern front in '03 and is on the path to full blown Islamostupid, so what they like or don't like is of no importance to me.

Not willing to go to war to make this happen, but wouldn't break my heart to see it happen.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

The Iranians have been at war with the US since November 1979,
Saint Obama made peace with them.

<wink>
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

HTRN wrote:
First Shirt wrote:
Yes. Yes, they do.
Theres a bunch of geopolitical reasons why this will never happen, not the least of which is the hypothetical Kurdistan would probably occupy what is now south eastern Turkey, and northwestern Iran, both of whom are loathe to give up territory and both also aren't terribly fond of the Kurds..
Yup.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.