Huma Abedin's cousin convicted of fraud

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Greg

Huma Abedin's cousin convicted of fraud

Post by Greg »

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/28/humas ... ng-emails/

Pretty big time fraud, in league with a Russian real estate type.

I'm not 100% sure it's the same guy, but there is strong circumstantial evidence that I went to high school with that guy's brother.

Who is also being prosecuted for big time fraud.

Even if he isn't the same guy I went to HS with, he lived in the same town in NJ as me. I had no idea, but with a little research.... I know where his house is, I've *seen* it, used to drive past it all the time. (It's on a ridge overlooking a road I drove on almost every day. Yes it's an 850k house, nothing really special for that town.)

Disturbingly small world.

One odd thing, if this guy (the brother) is the same guy, his family is immigrants from Pakistan. Yet he and the brother are cousins to Huma, whose family is Egyptian.

Anyway, the fraud guy is cousins with Huma, and his Russian partner is a close associate (IIRC) of Marc Rich, buddies with Bubba. Very, very incestious.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Re: Huma Abedin's cousin convicted of fraud

Post by Greg »

To clarify, the guy who was just convicted is Omar. He has a brother named Irfan, who is also being prosecuted for big time fraud.

I went to high school with an Irfan.

How common a name is that? (The full name, I left out the last name.) There's a fair amount of other circumstantial evidence that the two Irfans are the same guy.

The one I went to HS with was a sweet kid, very smart but charming in a very disarming mildly self-deprecating way. He had a few odd, bordering on goofy, quirks. He also would, on occasion, joke that Pakistanis were all hopelessly crazy and not to be trusted. We actually laughed at that one, especially considering who was saying it (and his utter, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man level harmlessness). Hmmmmm.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Re: Huma Abedin's cousin convicted of fraud

Post by Weetabix »

You have an exciting, but somewhat disconcerting, circle of acquaintance. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D