Explosion at NYC Port Authority

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Termite

Re: Explosion at NYC Port Authority

Post by Termite »

MarkD wrote: Who taught him to build his bomb?
stupidity-lvl-suicide-bombers_o_808683.jpg
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Jered

Post by Jered »

Sounds like he's got the typical Muslim timing.

...someone from the Great Satan wants to end the immigration that allowed you to enter there. Insha'allah! What a perfect time to detonate your piss poor excuse for an IED.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

My daughter was also in NYC this past week. Staying with a girlfriend in lower Manhattan around 25th(?).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote:My daughter was also in NYC this past week. Staying with a girlfriend in lower Manhattan around 25th(?).
Nyc is big. 8.3 million in the city proper, 20 mil plus in the surrounding "metro area". 304 square miles in the 5 boroughs.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:My daughter was also in NYC this past week. Staying with a girlfriend in lower Manhattan around 25th(?).
Nyc is big. 8.3 million in the city proper, 20 mil plus in the surrounding "metro area". 304 square miles in the 5 boroughs.
Dude. NYC is a point location for anyone more than 100 miles away.

I picture it as infinitely dense with socialites, mobsters, Hasidic diamond merchants, and busboys all jostling each other to get out of the way of Castle, Agents J & K, and King Kong.

I think we know what it's like there. :mrgreen:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote:
It's dense. Not big. The county where I live has 10 times that square mileage and 15,000 or so people.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered wrote:
HTRN wrote:
It's dense. Not big. The county where I live has 10 times that square mileage and 15,000 or so people.
Yep, even compared to a relatively average sized metro area, it is not that big area wise, but very dense: (also why I can't stand the place, even most of St. Louis is too crowded for me).

Metro Area comparison:
St. Louis = 8,458 mi² and 2.8 million people
New York = 13,318 mi² and 20.2 million people
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Manhattan:
Land area: 22.82 mi²
Population: 1.645 million

On weekdays, the number of commuters pushes the Manhattan population to more than 3.9 million, or 170,000 people per square mile.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story