Texas church shooting

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
slowpoke

Re: Texas church shooting

Post by slowpoke »

Jered wrote:According to CBS he "escaped" from a mental health facility.
Devin Patrick Kelley: What we know about the Texas church shooting suspect Devin Kelley was sent to the Peak Behavioral Health Services Center in Santa Teresa, New Mexico, but escaped on June 13, 2012, fleeing to El Paso, Texas, according to the report.
El Paso police arrested Kelley without incident at a bus stop and turned him over to New Mexico police.
Triple prohibited person. I wonder if the people will make a wrongful death claim against the USAF?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

scipioafricanus wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Confirmed that Willeford used an AR-15 to stop the murderer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... pp=desktop
Great interview.

yes great interview. Great humble guy.

My only question is why did he not have a single mag already loaded. Down to 2 bullets??? His preparedness was a bit lacking and good thing he was shooting at 20 yards and recognized the vest gap, although if it was kevlar, that does little to stop a rifle bullet, even calibered in poodle shooter.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Precision wrote:My only question is why did he not have a single mag already loaded. Down to 2 bullets??? His preparedness was a bit lacking and good thing he was shooting at 20 yards and recognized the vest gap, although if it was kevlar, that does little to stop a rifle bullet, even calibered in poodle shooter.
Yeah I don't wanna get critical of some guy who grabbed what he had available and ran towards the gunfire and saved lives, however there are a number of lessons to be taken from the incident. Besides being sure to follow Rule 1 (speaking of the churchgoers), loose ammo not in magazines is nearly useless. If he'd had rounds magged up and handy, possibly more lives could have been saved. And we all need to recognize that reality has changed... Rather than an armored assailant being the exception, we should plan on that being the rule. Was reading in ADN.commie this afternoon about a local garden variety shitbag (14 time career felon) that is going to jail for felon in possession; besides the guns, a set of body armor was found in his possession.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

Agreed. I was not attempting to besmirch, rather looking to understand why and to draw lessons for my own prep.

My battle belt is what I use for 3 gun. It has 3 pistol and 3 mags on it. They are mostly FMJ. My third mag of AR is a 20 rounder with my precision loaded 77gr Bergers for the prone 200+ yard shots. So really only 1 mag of appropriate social work ammo.

I may have to begin changing out the mags home / vs match. Run a mag of soft points, a mag of green tips and a mag of precision for the AR and 3 mags of JHP for the pistol when at home.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Wrenchbender1

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

Jered wrote:And moonbats are already trying for more gun control.
Yup. The fear mongers must be getting a little hoarse from chanting the same thing for decades, so they tried to mix it up by getting Expert AR-15 advice from Gunkid. Yeah, that will put fear in the hearts of the unwashed masses..... :roll:
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Termite

Post by Termite »

I wonder if the chainsaw accessory can be modified to fit a Mini-14................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

The chainsaw bayonet is obsolete. The latest thing is the rocket-propelled chainsaw bayonet. Can be bought for $5 on eSlay...
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

I’m pushing my church for some kind of plan. We also happen to have a neighboring facility that worships the pedophile prophet.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Frankingun wrote: We also happen to have a neighboring facility that worships the pedophile prophet.
Invite them to your next pork barbeque............. :mrgreen:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."