Texas church shooting

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Weetabix

Re: Texas church shooting

Post by Weetabix »

blackeagle603 wrote:Has me returning to a line of (incomplete) thought I had in the past about extent of my responsibilities to "the flock" and the practical issues with carrying in church here in non-CCW CA. Have to be unloaded in a locked case...
If you conceal it deep enough, no one would ever know unless you actually needed it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I already carry a stack of books with me and a bag/case with my Bible and notes in it. All related to my either teaching, leading music or both on any given Sunday. Probably could go to a knapsack or even briefcase without anyone thinking a thing of it. Put a locking handgun case inside that and be good to go.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

Officials described the shooter’s weapon as a Ruger AR-556, an assault-style rifle similar to those used by the military. CNN, citing a law enforcement individual, reported that Kelley purchased the weapon in April 2016 from an Academy Sports & Outdoors store in San Antonio.
According to WAPO
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Termite

Post by Termite »

blackeagle603 wrote:I already carry a stack of books with me and a bag/case with my Bible and notes in it. All related to my either teaching, leading music or both on any given Sunday. Probably could go to a knapsack or even briefcase without anyone thinking a thing of it. Put a locking handgun case inside that and be good to go.
Here you go.
biblegunsafe.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Consult The Book of Armaments?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out...
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I think it would be worthwhile to prevent ad revenue from landing in the news agencies coffers over these stories. This constant coverage and the bloodthirsty salivating over these stories is causing these shitheads to think they can get the newest high score and be famous.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Steamforger wrote:I think it would be worthwhile to prevent ad revenue from landing in the news agencies coffers over these stories. This constant coverage and the bloodthirsty salivating over these stories is causing these shitheads to think they can get the newest high score and be famous.
which puts us back to not saying Dave Clark shot and killed 27 and wounded 20 others.
We should be saying dickhead #17 killed himself in disgrace after disowning his humanity. His body will be interned in an unmarked grave after being coated in chicken shit.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered wrote:
Officials described the shooter’s weapon as a Ruger AR-556, an assault-style rifle similar to those used by the military. CNN, citing a law enforcement individual, reported that Kelley purchased the weapon in April 2016 from an Academy Sports & Outdoors store in San Antonio.
According to WAPO
So how did he pass a background check with a DD in his record?