Texas church shooting

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Termite

Texas church shooting

Post by Termite »

In Sutherland Springs, Texas, outside of San Antonio.

Multiple people killed, more wounded.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas- ... index.html

Internet rumor currently says the shooter was Antifa.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Re: Texas church shooting

Post by blackeagle603 »

O dear Lord...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Could this be a nut starting "the revolution" that was supposed to start yesterday?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Now the stuff starts to come in... 72 hour rule applies for bare minimum facts to be established.

So what's this "news" site?Looks tin foily on the face of it. Reporting the shooter is a 29 year old prior service Marine who converted to Islam who left a video manifesto on line.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Termite

Post by Termite »

Rumor has it the Texas DPS- Criminal Investigation branch is taking the lead. IIRC, that's the Texas Rangers.
EDIT: YEP, sure is.

Abbott should call Trump and ask him to keep the FBI in the background, as the FBI is likely compromised.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Precision

Post by Precision »

Termite wrote:Rumor has it the Texas DPS- Criminal Investigation branch is taking the lead. IIRC, that's the Texas Rangers.
EDIT: YEP, sure is.

Abbott should call Trump and ask him to keep the FBI in the background, as the FBI is likely compromised.
From what I have been reading (prior to this) all useful FBI training material that is even slightly negative on Islam has been purged from all official teaching events.

compromised is when they do it to us. Manifestly corrupt or worse is when we do it to ourselves.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

And the blood dancing begins
Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal has called on Congress to act on gun control in the wake of the latest mass shooting.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

FYI:

Per TPC 46.035 (b)(6) "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, on or about the license holder's person...on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship."
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

One report I saw indicated that the shooter had been dishonorably discharged from the Air Force.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

If so, he was legally barred from possessing or purchasing a firearm. AFAIK.

If he did receive a DD, I wonder if someone bought the gun for him, or if NICS failed?
Fortuna Fortis Paratus