No time for Berghdahl

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
TheArmsman

No time for Berghdahl

Post by TheArmsman »

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/deci ... ng-hearing

Not surprised, but disappointed, in the verdict.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
randy

Re: No time for Berghdahl

Post by randy »

Well, I wouldn't have given him jail time either.

I would have marched him straight out of the court room, through a gauntlet made up of his former comrades that participated in the searches for him, and straight to the [strike]impalement stake[/strike] firing squad.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

It is unfortunate, but pretty much in the cards as soon as Trump started flapping his jaw about the case. Any significant sentence would have been challenged on appeal and likely have been overturned because “unlawful command influence.”

I do not know if he would have gotten a harsher sentence if Trump had said nothing, but he wasn't going to get crap as soon as Trump started talking about it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... rgdahl.php
Termite

Post by Termite »

Trump really does need to learn when to STFU.

As for Berghdahl, I'm hoping that in a few months he commits Arkancide.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Termite wrote:Trump really does need to learn when to STFU.
If it hasn't happened by now, then it probably isn't going to happen.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

He should hang right next to Manning.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

There's a thought - Bergdahl and Manning in the same cell. I didn't say it was a pleaseant thought, just that it's out there....
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Apparently Col. Nance is not interested in a star; at least not for the next few years. Maybe never.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Termite wrote:Apparently Col. Nance is not interested in a star; at least not for the next few years. Maybe never.
He might have been promised one under Obama and didn't pay attention to the news.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Trump really does need to learn when to STFU.
Nah, Trumps uses this stuff to shine a light on the madness about us. The madness that we here are well aware of, but the mass of mushy middle has been clueless about.

Bergdahl tactical loss. Strategic value. Wait for some quiet Chaos from the God of War. Err... SecDef housecleaning and career truncating of BHO era suck ups.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story