500 Hep A Cases In San Diego

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
skb12172

500 Hep A Cases In San Diego

Post by skb12172 »

It has nothing to do with a flood of illegals, though. Nothing to see here, move along...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... y,amp.html
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
blackeagle603

Re: 500 Hep A Cases In San Diego

Post by blackeagle603 »

More to do with the shatting in public and unintended consequences of well intended feel good public policy.

a) not enforcing vagrancy laws and
b) going beyond accomodating vagrancy to seemingly promoting it by providing all manner of assistant that serves to enable folks to stay on the streets and out of shelters/programs that require accountabilty and submitting to assistance/recovery programs
c) draws more to the area as it becomes know as a sort of sanctuary city
and finally for the spectacular failure of the CA public ballot initiative process
d) making it illegal to give away plastic grocery bags -- instead requiring each bag be purchased by the shopper. That has had the result of removing a shat recepticle supply from the streets.

Aesop on the subject today (in especially unfiltered form, even for him). LINK
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap." This all started in the '60's with the condemnations and closures of the nuthouses. Now the former candidates for same are "free range". It will only get worse. Avoid ALL urban areas; if ya can't, be sure to get yer immunization shots.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

San Francisco has a poop map.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Jesus, Joseph, and Mary...
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

You know, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought there must be a rifle cartridge I'd never heard of called "Hep A", and someone in San Diego either had for sale, or needed, 500 cartridge cases for it.....

A few years ago I was in Italy and went to Pompeii, THEY had toilets, with pipes to bring in clean water and remove sewage, 2,000 years ago. Sanitation is one of the hallmarks of civilization.
Jered

Post by Jered »

A helpful side effect of Montana winters is that they keep human vermin away.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote:A helpful side effect of Montana winters is that they keep human vermin away.
Thats the problem all those democrat cities in mild climates have - financial and climatological incentives to homeless populations. Its why Vegas and Hawaii both have big problems with squatters, panhandlers, etc. :ugeek:

You never hear about Barrow having a big homeless problem, donchaknow. ;) :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: You never hear about Barrow having a big homeless problem, donchaknow. ;) :lol:
They are all in Anchorage.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

MarkD wrote:You know, when I first read the title of this thread, I thought there must be a rifle cartridge I'd never heard of called "Hep A", and someone in San Diego either had for sale, or needed, 500 cartridge cases for it.....
Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines. .500 Hep A sounds like a wildcat round designed by Mad Mike. And drat you for beating me to it. :lol:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.