Austrian conservatives win

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Austrian conservatives win

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... a-election

Honestly have not been following this but the conservatives moved right and won - go figure.
308Mike

Re: Austrian conservatives win

Post by 308Mike »

I like this past paragraph (Emphasis mine):
What’s clear is that the depictions of Kurz and Strache as Islamophobic, intolerant, and radical failed spectacularly. In country after country, the Left is finding it will have to come up with a strategy beyond name-calling if it is serious about winning back lost voters.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

When the debts all come due it's hard to insist that the people who point out that there's no money to pay for them were Sexist, Intolerant, xenophobic, homophobic, islamophobic, racist or bigoted.
Was Austria's Jörg Haider right all along?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Glad to see some eyes opening.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.