World War I

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Netpackrat

Re: World War I

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote:I seriously doubt the Germans expected any sort of successful operations from the Mexican government. Probably the best they hoped for was stirring up enough trouble on our southern border to distract us and tie up troops and logistics support that could be sent to Europe.
Given the timing of the Punitive Expedition into Mexico, in context it might be viewed as an effort aimed at keeping US troops and logistics distracted at the southern border.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Re: World War I

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:
randy wrote:I seriously doubt the Germans expected any sort of successful operations from the Mexican government. Probably the best they hoped for was stirring up enough trouble on our southern border to distract us and tie up troops and logistics support that could be sent to Europe.
Given the timing of the Punitive Expedition into Mexico, in context it might be viewed as an effort aimed at keeping US troops and logistics distracted at the southern border.
Trying to give us an Ireland.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr