Las Vegas (Mandalay Bay) Concert shooting

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Netpackrat

Re: Las Vegas (Mandalay Bay) Concert shooting

Post by Netpackrat »

Well, that's not going to do anything to quell the number of conspiracy theories.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Steamforger wrote:I have a hard time buying off on a group of shooters walking right out of a building with almost as many cameras as people.
Given that nearly everyone now carries a rather decent video camera with them at all times, I'd say significantly more cameras than people.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Termite wrote:Watching a video of a bumpfire AR, it looks like accuracy is very poor at any kind of distance. Of course, when shooting into a huge packed crowd, accuracy isn't needed........................... :roll:

He was just launching bullets.
Yup. His target was about a city block or so, packed with the population of a small town.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

John Ringo has a theory that it was due to psychotropic meds, specifically Cymbalta, which has a history of inducing psychotic behavior in a some patients prescribed it - his wife Miriams reaction to it, which he talked about on the book of faces, sounds like what youd ecpect from a typical spree killer..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Well that could explain the motive but not really answer the other dozen or so unanswered questions about the shooting.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

HTRN wrote:John Ringo has a theory that it was due to psychotropic meds, specifically Cymbalta, which has a history of inducing psychotic behavior in a some patients prescribed it - his wife Miriams reaction to it, which he talked about on the book of faces, sounds like what youd ecpect from a typical spree killer..
I had to stop taking Cymbalta because I was having bizarre and very strange nightmares, besides knocking me out for hours at a time. I can see how that shit could end up twisting someone's mind (IF they continued taking it in the face of such adverse reactions).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

308Mike wrote:(IF they continued taking it in the face of such adverse reactions).
Thats the thing, it essentially warps the way you think, like deciding that murdering a bunch of convicted sex offenders is a really good idea.

Btw, if upu start looking at some of the past spree killers, especially the "quiet ones", a numeber of them were on strong psychoactive meds for non violent issues like depression. Charles Whitman, the infamous tower shooter, suffered the double whammy of meds and a brain tumor, which might explain his slide from model citizen and Marine, to antisocial gambler, that got him court martialed, to spree killer.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote:John Ringo has a theory that it was due to psychotropic meds, specifically Cymbalta, which has a history of inducing psychotic behavior in a some patients prescribed it - his wife Miriams reaction to it, which he talked about on the book of faces, sounds like what youd ecpect from a typical spree killer..
Yeah, Cybr posted the link up the thread a ways. It seems to make more sense than any of the other explanations, especially the more fanciful ones. Another gun forum that I occasionally look at is going full retard with the conspiracy theories... I made a post with Weird Al's "Foil" video embedded. Haven't been back to check on their reaction yet. :lol: