More riots coming in St. Louis?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Re: More riots coming in St. Louis?

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote:1. Avoid crowds.
2. Nothing good happens after 10 PM.
THIS.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Sometimes stated as don't do stupid things with stupid people in stupid places at stupid times.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

blackeagle603 wrote:
Sounds like your friend of a friend is on the cusp of taking the red pill.
When he does it should be glorious when he suddenly realizes he's married to a man. :lol:
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:This is likely not a shock to anyone, but just be sure; I would like to point out that from close observation it is entirely possible to live your entire life in the St. Louis area as a black person without having any negative encounters with law enforcement in any way shape or form.

.... so if you are [strike]black[/strike] any race whatsoever and having issues with law enforcement - I would suggest you start by examining your own behavior first.
So, my question is, has your close observation seen tailing in stores or other non-LEO close scrutiny based on race? Or is almost all of it based on the behavior you mentioned?
I can think of one time a few years ago in a certain middlebrow department store where the wife used to shop for kids clothes where she was obviously being followed by a female manager. (Easy to notice from my standpoint since she realize that we were together so her behavior was obvious to me.)

It pissed off the wife and she does not shop at that chain any longer - their loss as she used to spend a lot of money there.

So I am not going to say it never happens - and in some places it may even be common - but so what?

That said, my hippy brother gets followed, pulled over, everything else all the time and he is blond white guy.

There are some places that are run by a**holes and the focus could be race or it could be whatever, get around it by not going there. A number of years ago the wife and I went to a local Mercedes Benz dealer to look at an M Class, the wife had pretty much picked out the one she wanted and we had the financing set up already. Shockingly, we walked out of there without the vehicle because the sales guy was such a flaming rude a**hole that we were not going to give them our business. Wife was upset, but ended up test driving an X5 and decides she likes that better and we end up buying it. While chatting with the sales manager at the BMW dealer, she mentions the experience at the other place and the guy immediately spits out the name of the guy we were dealing with. Apparently he is somewhat famous for being a dick to anyone that he doesn't think can afford the MB's. Whatever, his loss, but it is just how some humans are. I actually had similar experiences in a gun stores too. It is what it is, I do not take it personally, I take my business elsewhere.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Gunnuts wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:
Sounds like your friend of a friend is on the cusp of taking the red pill.
When he does it should be glorious when he suddenly realizes he's married to a man. :lol:
One of my kids (almost 30) has a friend (45) who is GAY and has been married for 20+ years to a man. He has been taking little bites from the red pill. I say good. We want all the GAY conservatives we can get, just like all the Black, Jewish, Hispanic... Conservatives we can get.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Greg

Post by Greg »

Precision wrote:
Gunnuts wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:
One of my kids (almost 30) has a friend (45) who is GAY and has been married for 20+ years to a man. He has been taking little bites from the red pill. I say good. We want all the GAY conservatives we can get, just like all the Black, Jewish, Hispanic... Conservatives we can get.
The particular person I was talking about..... maybe. I didn't know him well enough then, and don't have a good enough read on him now to be sure. But it's possible.

In any case, taking the red pill is HARD for a liberal. Being a liberal in our culture means pretty much everything caters to you. It's very seductive. Even more so if you stay inside the bubble.

Taking the red pill means you have to leave all that behind - in the name of intellectual honesty, you have to join the grunting apemen that get shit on all the time, instead of being one of the enlightened doing the shitting. And the left is especially hostile to apostates.

I've had at least one other liberal friend who looked like a red pill candidate, and after getting brutalized enough times on FB.... The contortions he went through to walk back his heresy and rejoin the flock were - yeah he recanted.

Anyway, you may be interested to know that one big reason I supported gay marriage was to help promote bourgeois values in a group that is otherwise the wedge-driving poster child of the left. Subvert *them* by turning their weapons into squares. ;) Not sure how well it'll work.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

What's the joke? How to make liberal and conservative heads explode at the same time?

I fully support the right to keep and bear arms so that my gay married friends can protect their marijuana crop.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

A good number of gays got the truth from Pulse Nightclub shooting. No wonder the media tried to hide the motive.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Actually, a fair bit of good live music happenings meet both of those criteria...but I do agree that it pays to be choosy and keep your head on a swivel.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:
Actually, a fair bit of good live music happenings meet both of those criteria...but I do agree that it pays to be choosy and keep your head on a swivel.
Noisy punks playing their devil music while the rowdies in the crowd jostle me and spill my coffee.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D