Defending bourgeois values is hate speach

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Greg

Re: Defending bourgeois values is hate speach

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
Greg wrote:
Langenator wrote:Wasn't there some progressive twit, back roughly a century ago (very roughly) who talked about the need to overthrow the "tyranny of the middle class" or some such thing?
Vernon Parrington, in the 1920's. He was the overthrow the tyranny of the middle class guy. He's come up a few times lately in articles I've seen on Instapundit.

But in terms of exterminating bourgeois I was more thinking the likes of Lenin, Mao and Pol Pot.
The left has a long history of hate for the middle class. I have noticed the left has lately been trying to pull off attacking the "Upper Middle Class" as a way to motivate the middle and lower - middle class to their project. I guess it might fool a few people, but looking at how they define "Upper Middle Class" it is clear that the difference between them and the other parts of middle class is slight and most middle class families have members in all three categories, or exist in all three categories at different times in their life.
What's weird is, one slice of what would traditionally be the upper middle class is a core left constituency. It's the part that, more or less, works with words. Writers, publishers, journalists, lawyers, humanities academics..... some call that type the New Class.

They want to kill the other white collar upper middle class slice, that, well..... STEM people. Basically anyone who mocks/would mock the notion that reality is shaped by words. (Though the leftists are long-marching through many of those fields right now.)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr