Google fires diversity desenter

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
FelixEstrella

Re: Google fires diversity desenter

Post by FelixEstrella »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:The Prisoner

The Village is what Google wants to make for us. Looks idyllic, but wander outside the boundary and along comes Rover.
Ah. The "euro" e in google threw me......
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I tracked down the "Village" TrueType face. :)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
randy

Post by randy »

Be seeing you...
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:He makes several terrible, unforgivable errors. (Yes, sarcasm.)
He only made one: Thou shalt not make the company look bad. :ugeek:

This is why i generally dont talk politics at work.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:He makes several terrible, unforgivable errors. (Yes, sarcasm.)
He only made one: Thou shalt not make the company look bad. :ugeek:

This is why i generally dont talk politics at work.
Yes, I try to avoid it. Nothing to win, and it can only harm your career.

Did you know in Jersey when you apply for a firearms ID card, they call and speak to your employer to 'verify employment'? In my case, they were not shy about telling the person they spoke to that they were calling because I was trying to be able to buy guns.

The person they spoke to was my site manager (dotted line boss, my direct report boss was in Virginia) who was something of a friend and mentor, and - I checked - a closet gun-owning Republican.

Otherwise I might not have applied.

Google guy's problem wasn't talking politics, exactly, it was talking the *wrong* politics.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

FelixEstrella wrote:Diversity is the goal and shall not be questioned. I took one of the HR droids at my company to task after she (it's always she) wrote a breathless, congratulatory, email to the whole company about the important, and I quote, "diversity hire" who just accepted a position with the company. I asked her how she felt about women being reduced to "diversity hires". Never did get a response.
Wonder how the new hire felt about being referred to as a "diversity hire"....
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:Wonder how the new hire felt about being referred to as a "diversity hire"....
That's supposedly better than being referred to as the "affirmative action hire" or "token female." :roll:
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Jered

Post by Jered »

This shirt belongs here.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.