John McCan suffering from brain tumor

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Weetabix

Re: John McCan suffering from brain tumor

Post by Weetabix »

Health issues aside, this type of behavior is why I've never liked him. He's always the first to jump to the other side of the aisle and act like a liberal/progressive in favor of bigger government.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Weetabix wrote:Health issues aside, this type of behavior is why I've never liked him. He's always the first to jump to the other side of the aisle and act like a liberal/progressive in favor of bigger government.
Fine Senator, you like Obamacare so much, get your tumor fixed under it. He might just get a pain pill like Obama wants old people to get.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:Flew combat missions = vicious, heartless air pirate.
Don Karnage for Senate! :lol: :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rod

Post by Rod »

scipioafricanus wrote:And he just voted to keep Obamacare.
And now they're calling him a maverick instead of a turncoat.
http://start.att.net/news/read/article/ ... _did_i-tca
There isn't going to be bipartisanship on anything ever again.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Jered

Post by Jered »

Can't he just retire already?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I honor his service, and the sacrifices he made while serving. But when someone who is helping form national policy is diagnosed with a brain tumor, one would think a clause, like that for incapacity of the President, should come into effect. "You are hereby declared incapacitated. A grateful nation wishes you a speedy recovery, and a pleasant retirement." Continuing in office should not be an option, and should not have been an option when they first found the tumor. You wouldn't want your bus driver working with a glioblastoma, how is it okay when a Senator's vote can affect tens of millions of people's lives?
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Precision

Post by Precision »

I suggest he go see Aizik Wolf down in Miami, for gamma knife (done properly). I say that mainly, because it would likely give other brain cancer patients the concept that they have that as an option. A good and positive outcome option.

I do not suggest it to keep him functional in the Senate for one second longer. Politically traitorous bastard.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Precision wrote:I suggest he go see Aizik Wolf down in Miami, for gamma knife (done properly). I say that mainly, because it would likely give other brain cancer patients the concept that they have that as an option. A good and positive outcome option.

I do not suggest it to keep him functional in the Senate for one second longer. Politically traitorous bastard.
Only if Obamacare/VA covers it.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

He should retire. His wife owns a brewery, for cryin' out loud! He's had a long career with many accomplishments. And then there's McCain- Feingold, a stain on the Constitution up there with slavery, Jim Crow, Dred Scott, and Plessey v Ferguson. He can safely retire.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Fighter pilot, gotta beat the Kobyashi Maru Scenario. Can't give it up.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story