And again, Delta this time

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Greg

And again, Delta this time

Post by Greg »

Very interesting. How many felonies did that Delta employee commit?

https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2017/05/0 ... ff-flight/
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
slowpoke

Re: And again, Delta this time

Post by slowpoke »

This case is not as bad as united's. Son who,they had the ticket for didnt check in. Im guessing non refundable ticket, and misunderstanding by the gate agent who told them it was good, assuming he didnt lie about that.
Is it a felony for a flight atendant to lie about faa regs?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

slowpoke wrote:This case is not as bad as united's. Son who,they had the ticket for didnt check in. Im guessing non refundable ticket, and misunderstanding by the gate agent who told them it was good, assuming he didnt lie about that.
Per what I read elsewhere, they sent the son home early on another flight, and then stupidly assumed they could use the ticket which they had bought for their other child...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote:Per what I read elsewhere, they sent the son home early on another flight, and then stupidly assumed they could use the ticket which they had bought for their other child...
IIRC,
The name on the ticket can be changed prior to boarding.

The flight attendant who told them they could not use a child "car" seat in the plane seat is an idiot, or a liar. The FAA has for years been pushing for infants to be in child seats strapped into the "regular" seat.

Want to see this shit come to a screeching halt?

The Director of the FAA, on a Friday afternoon, issues the following: "Due to flagrant improper treatment of paying passengers, ______________(insert airline here) Part 121 air carrier certification is temporarily suspended."
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

LOL.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

slowpoke wrote:This case is not as bad as united's. Son who,they had the ticket for didnt check in. Im guessing non refundable ticket, and misunderstanding by the gate agent who told them it was good, assuming he didnt lie about that.
To my eyes that looks a great deal like fraud. Depriving someone of a service they paid for, based on threats founded on lies.

Deprivation of civil rights under color of authority isn't off the table, the way I see it. (The FAA gives flight personnel power, and accountability should follow.)

The nature of some of those threats takes this to a whole other level.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:
Per what I read elsewhere, they sent the son home early on another flight, and then stupidly assumed they could use the ticket which they had bought for their other child...
Changing the name on the ticket requires a pen. Taking care of that is one of the things the gate agent is for. If the gate agent passed them on, that should be a done deal.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:
Changing the name on the ticket requires a pen. Taking care of that is one of the things the gate agent is for. If the gate agent passed them on, that should be a done deal.
Once again my sarcasm fails to come through in the text.

Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:
Greg wrote:
Netpackrat wrote: Per what I read elsewhere, they sent the son home early on another flight, and then stupidly assumed they could use the ticket which they had bought for their other child...
Once again my sarcasm fails to come through in the text.
Even if I had detected it, you can read my post as a long form "+1". :)