Gander Mountain Closing All Stores

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Frankingun

Gander Mountain Closing All Stores

Post by Frankingun »

Word around here is that Gander Mountain has been bought out by Camping World or somesuch, and is closing all of their stores. Additionally, they will only honor gift cards through the 18th.

Wifey and I will be stopping by one later this afternoon, I have a couple gift cards to burn and want to use them up. Didn't sound like there were many good deals, and they aren't offering discounts on guns, which means they're still priced 10% above MSRP.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
randy

Re: Gander Mountain Closing All Stores

Post by randy »

Got an e-mail from them today which linked to this site
Gander Mtn ad-01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Looks like the discounts were 10 to 20 percent, nothing on guns or ammunition.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
randy

Post by randy »

Well, that might save me a trip as guns and ammo are what I would most be looking for clearance prices on. May go look at accessories, might not.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

Pretty funny. They just opened one a few miles from me like a year ago.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

The one 6 miles from here announced a closing in January; the opening of a Cabela's 4 miles from them was the proverbial last nail in their local coffin.They sold out to the walls a month ago. I don't gloat over the closing of any outdoors business but this one was locally known for a staff in the gun department who were "less than personable", shall I say. The Good Sam's Club mailing I just received confirms that Camping World buyout; apparently CW will be liquidating GM's remaining inventory. IF CW's regular pricing structure is followed there won't be much discounting, fer sure. :roll:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Yep, and their going out of business sales prices are now only 5% above normal retail prices. The GM in El Paso isn't any bargain and I've NEVER seen a good deal on ammo or guns I couldn't beat at locally owned gun stores.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Back when they did mail order we used to like going to the one in Wisconsin. There wasn't one (not surprising) in our corner of ill-annoy. It was a nice store and mail order pricing was competitive.

So for that nostalgia I'm sad they're going but I also got driven away from the stores by their pricing after they dropped mail order.