Norks Limiting Fuel Sales to Civilians?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Old Grafton

Norks Limiting Fuel Sales to Civilians?

Post by Old Grafton »

When the tanks need fuel, they get it before the civilians....
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... 1-10-22-03
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Jered

Re: Norks Limiting Fuel Sales to Civilians?

Post by Jered »

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone aware enough to find the DPRK on a world map.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

I'm still working on the concept of privately owned vehicles in NK

Or them having money to purchase anything

Or that there is any fuel available for non .mil/.gov users
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote:I'm still working on the concept of privately owned vehicles in NK

They have their own auto industry, admittedly the production level is extremely low, often under a thousand units per year at any given factory.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote:
randy wrote:I'm still working on the concept of privately owned vehicles in NK

They have their own auto industry, admittedly the production level is extremely low, often under a thousand units per year at any given factory.
Oh, I'm aware of that. In fact, I think I have a fair idea of their location and general lay out ;) . I just didn't know that any of that production went to non-government/military users.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The military has their own separate factory.

They primarily do third rate knockoffs of western automobiles, even going so far as to buy models specifically to reverse engineer. Many of these vehicles are starting to show up in various far east countries, as best Korea is incredibly hard up for capital.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt