Cognative diversity vs "diversity

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Cognative diversity vs "diversity

Post by Vonz90 »

randy

Re: Cognative diversity vs "diversity

Post by randy »

You mean true diversity isn't related to trivial things like skin color and personal plumbing? :o :shock:

IOW, useful diversity means being able to think outside the box, and "diversity" as defined SJWs and their academic prophets forces people into closely defined boxes with severe punishments for trying to leave your assigned box.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
BDK

Post by BDK »

This "may" have been more known, at one time.

A certain backwoods TX farm boy was heavily recruited by some odd schools. (I grew up down several miles of dirt road, and through the third creek - not over. Getting phone calls seeing if "I had any questions about what its like to be a Texan living in NYC," from some yuppie spawn of Highland Park, was a bit surreal.
g-man

Post by g-man »

You mean the "make sure everybody on the command photo wall has the same scary badges, despite the color of their face" method of team building might have some issues? When trying to figure out where you are on a map, you don't shoot an azimuth to three high points in the same general direction. You spread those points out all around you so the area of overlap, based on possible error in your numbers, is as small as possible.

Conversely, it doesn't matter if the landmarks are all buildings, or all mountains. It just matters that their physical locations are diverse enough... I really should just do up some graphics and blog about this. "Error reduction and solution-finding speed based on diversity of position". May have some overlap with the post from another thread describing the solution to HVA tracking utilizing MLRS and elimination of a grid square. :lol:
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum