Amherst blowback

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Amherst blowback

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Re: Amherst blowback

Post by Netpackrat »

I hope that he prevails, and that the female accuser is also held accountable.

Also, I see what you did there.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Why in the hell are colleges permitted to hold their own tribunals and "prosecute" charges as serious as rape (because it is a serious crime when it actually happens)?
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:Why in the hell are colleges permitted to hold their own tribunals and "prosecute" charges as serious as rape (because it is a serious crime when it actually happens)?
There's no *good* reason.

But this parallel justice system seems to be an enormous power grab, that can be used to beat potential opponents into submission while conditioning the entire population of college-age youth into forgetting they have civil rights.

That's a useful thing when said college age folks leave college. A cowed, submissive population not used to demanding and exercising civil rights is a leftist's wet dream.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Greg wrote:
rightisright wrote:Why in the hell are colleges permitted to hold their own tribunals and "prosecute" charges as serious as rape (because it is a serious crime when it actually happens)?
There's no *good* reason.

But this parallel justice system seems to be an enormous power grab, that can be used to beat potential opponents into submission while conditioning the entire population of college-age youth into forgetting they have civil rights.

That's a useful thing when said college age folks leave college. A cowed, submissive population not used to demanding and exercising civil rights is a leftist's wet dream.
The unintended consequences of this policy is killing the leftists political power and leading further to the strengthening of the alt right. Its likely to lead to something stronger and further than the alt right too.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote:I hope that he prevails, and that the female accuser is also held accountable.

Also, I see what you did there.
I hope the female accuser is charged with rape.
The result of the “trial” was a foregone conclusion. Doe was found to have assaulted the female student, even though the panel found it “credible” that he was so drunk that he had little or no knowledge or control. Consequently, Doe was immediately expelled.
If "Doe" is that drunk, he cannot give consent for sexual intercourse. If the genders in this story were reverse, the "feminists" would be howling for the blood of the male. If justice were any concern, to any of these social "justice" warriors, then they would be howling for prosecution for the female based on that statement.

Sauce for the goose, and all that.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote:I hope the female accuser is charged with rape.
Criminal charges would be great, but failing that a big fat civil judgement would be good too. She probably doesn't have anything to take right now, but once she gets out of college and tries to build a career/life, he can keep hammering her with it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote:
Jered wrote:I hope the female accuser is charged with rape.
Criminal charges would be great, but failing that a big fat civil judgement would be good too. She probably doesn't have anything to take right now, but once she gets out of college and tries to build a career/life, he can keep hammering her with it.
That would serve her absolutely right.

It would be especially karmic if she lost a big fat civil case, and then was convicted of rape based on her testimony in this case.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.