Shia LeBouf epically trolled

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Re: Shia LeBouf epically trolled

Post by Vonz90 »

skb12172 wrote:Well, just to clear the air, this is my situation.

I just exited the system after 12 years. The Commonwealth required everything to go through them. We worked out our own deal, but the Judge had to approve it. If the Judge didn't like it, no deal. There was no appeal. Even with our agreement, all payments still had to be processed through their office.

In our meetings, right in front of me, the caseworkers (99% of the time female) told her how badly the law allowed her to screw me and urged her to go for the maximum. She refused, but it was her choice. I had no appeal or recourse. My attorney said I would have more rights and recourse if I were charged with murder.

Every few months I would have to have a face-to-face update meeting, her presence not required, which means I have to take a half day off and stand in line for a couple of hours. The meeting usually lasts 5 minutes or less. The purpose seems to be to make you jump through a hoop.

Spending all that time in line means you talk with others and share stories. There were a couple of women, but that is compared to a couple of hundred men. I found out that I have the best ex-wife in the world. She tried very hard to be fair, despite the Commonwealth trying very hard to convince her to screw me.

At one point, when the economy went to shit in 2007, I got about $800 behind . At that time my caseworker was this little twitchet that was barely out of law school and seemed to be a bona fide man hater . She kept threatening me with jail and was requiring me to jump through a ridiculous amount of red tape and other hoops. When she finally took maternity leave after more than a year, I got a new case worker. She was shocked that I was being required to do the things I had been required to do. She said that level of hoop jumping is usually reserved for the people that are about $30,000 behind .

All the same she required me to do it, she had the power to do so, and there was nothing I could do about it.

In my discussions in online father's rights forums, it appears that my situation and the way my locale does things is more common than not. Now you know where I am coming from with all this. It comes from personal experience, yes, but also a considerable amount of reliable knowledge from the way things work in most places across the nation.
Well that sucks(ed as applicable). If your (ex)wife was agreeable, it seems like venue shopping would have been in order. I know two guys who went through divorces recently and while it was a PITA in both cases, neither of them describe anything similar to what you do (one was in MO the other in IL). But of course the devil is in the details.

Of course, I am not sure that any of this is all that relevant to the point I was trying to make. If your general point is that family law courts and such are more screwed up than not, then I pretty much agree with you. I just do not think there are too many guys looking at that and saying nope, not getting married. And of course if they were, prenups were made for that.

As Blackeagle said, it sounds like you should vote with your feet.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

A father walks into a restaurant with his young son. He gives the young boy 3 nickels to play with to keep him occupied. Suddenly the boy starts choking, going blue in the face. The father realizes the boy has swallowed the nickels and starts slapping him on the back.
The boy coughs up 2 of the nickels, but keeps choking. Looking at his son, the father is panicking, shouting for help. A well dressed, attractive, and serious looking woman, in a blue business suit is sitting at a coffee bar reading a newspaper and sipping a cup of coffee. At the sound of the commotion, she looks up, puts her coffee cup down neatly folds the newspaper and places it on the counter, gets up from her seat and makes her way, unhurried, across the restaurant.

Reaching the boy, the woman carefully drops his pants; takes hold of the boy's testicles and starts to squeeze and twist, gently at first and then ever so firmly. After a few seconds the boy convulses violently and coughs up the last nickel, which the woman deftly catches in her free hand.

Releasing the boy's testicles, the woman hands the nickel to the father and walks back to her seat in the coffee bar without saying a word.

As soon as he is sure that his son has suffered no ill effects, the father rushes over to the woman and starts thanking her saying, 'I've never seen anybody do anything like that before, it was fantastic. Are you a doctor?

'No,' the woman replied. 'Divorce attorney.'
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Season 5: Shia in Suomi has begun!
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Honestly, when is he going to learn? As long as lulz can be had, they will be..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I cant see him getting along with the Finns. Why didn't he try Sweden? Thats even before the chans start going after him...
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

slowpoke wrote:Jericho,

I have mostly been argueing from a secular side, because the marital rape laws are purely secular, and because that would be the strongest ground four your position. I am more than happy to argue the point from scripture and the biblical perspective. That makes my arguement that much stronger. After all how can you rape yourself?
How can you murder yourself? How can you steal from yourself? How can you cheat yourself?

These are things spouses do to each other with depressing regularity. They are still crimes.
As to bringing up romance, you did indirectly. The point of that statement was that in the past it was marriage that made the sex good and it was illegal outside of marriage. That was the legal and the biblical perspective. Now what makes sex legal and good is that the woman wants it. This is is what you are arguing as well, with a bit of ceremony to make it feel more religious.
Romance has nothing to do with it. Like I said, "People who have grown to despise each other in their marriage can still consent to sex and have it. People who love each other may not consent and do it some other time." You don't have to be romanced, you just have to want it the same time the other person does. That's it.
You ignore Jesus saying that a man and woman become one in marriage.
You ignore Peter telling husbands and wives that their bodies belong to the other and it is sinful to not consent.
Peter never said that. Paul was the jerk when it came to sexual mores and even he never said "Lo, She Musteth Be Downeth to Clowneth Lest She Be Burnt"
You also assume that because I hold the position, and logically argue, that there is no such thing as marital rape, that I somehow abuse my wife and force her to be at my beck and call beat her mistreat her and all that.
Nothing of the sort, although you seem awfully quick to go down that road.
You do that because you think women are valuable, and you think marital rape is a thing and a great wrong, and the only way(you can imagine) that someone would argue otherwise is that they are an evil person that wants to abuse their wife.
It's not a matter of an evil desire to abuse, necessarily, although that is often a thing. I think more often than not it is simply negligence or depraved indifference.

The rapist mentality is "whether or not they consent is fine, but I am going to have sex tonight." I see zero reason why a certificate filled out possibly years prior changes this.
Now I suggest you discard that frame of reference. As I have been trying to point out that world view, that belief you have is based in feminism and not the bible.
You've been fighting a strawman. Kindly address the argument, not the imagined perspective of the person making it.
Might I suggest that since you seem to take Christianity and the Bible as a basis for some of your beliefs that you look at that and see where it leads you?
It's generally lead me down the same path it always has: utter disappointment in its adherents.
I can help you if you want to see what the biblical arguement against marital rape if you like.
Please do, with citations.
You havent been able to do it yet.
Haven't attempted. I was speaking in general terms, but if you want to have an honest-to-God theological debate, I'm down for that too.
Keep in mind though, if it was biblical then we should have been against it since the new testament was written it should be easy to find the biblical backing.
By all means, go right ahead.
This might be a good idea for the both of us. Why dont you go read the bible and make the biblical arguement that there is no such thing as marital rape. Find chapter and verse.
Don't wanna. I really don't feel like chasing that rabbit when the heart of the matter is whether or not a human being can decide whether or not they want someone else to insert something inside them. (And that's just addressing it in terms of wife-as-victim.) If you wanna make the argument that the Bible says they can't, cite some scripture rather than just say that the Bible has your back. All commonly accepted English translations of the Bible are freely available online. If you think it backs up your argument, by all means, quote it.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Flag is in France now, and the latest attempt appears to have involved a flaming drone. :lol:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/10/2 ... ing-drone/
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop