Shia LeBouf epically trolled

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
blackeagle603

Re: Shia LeBouf epically trolled

Post by blackeagle603 »

You still have a covenant even with a frigid spouse. Unless your vows included "I do --- til you stop putting out."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

skb12172 wrote:Marriage IS gone. If you are under 40 and still believe in it, you either found a unicorn or she just gasn't gotten around to frivolously divorce raping you yet.
Perhaps you are not hanging out with the right class of people. Marriage has mostly declined for the the lower classes.

This makes sense in a welfare state. The easier it is for public assistance to be a viable "husband replacement" the lower the opportunity cost for not being married for a young woman. As they become more educated and have better economic (and husband) options, the less public assistance become a viable alternative.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/social-m ... e-married/
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Interesting, because I see the engineers, doctors, professors, etc in my neighborhood either walking on eggshells to appease a harpy or getting divorce raped in their late 30s through mid 40s. Perhaps it goes beyond class. Kim had an interesting viewpoint in his recent followup to the pussification essay.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

And, because I suspect many of you are products of a time and society that no longer exists, or you are simply living in a bubble, this might be informative.

http://www.returnofkings.com/28129/the- ... nding-page
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

skb12172 wrote:And, because I suspect many of you are products of a time and society that no longer exists, or you are simply living in a bubble, this might be informative.

http://www.returnofkings.com/28129/the- ... nding-page
I think I see your problem (and as related, the problem of whomever it is that runs the page you linked). You do not understand something fairly standard about humanity, and thus you misinterpret what is going on in the US and the world.

The thing is, the details may be different, but in the end it is true. The vast majority of people in the world (including here) are idiots. It is the case now and always has been. So if you say something like, "are products of a time and society that no longer exists" as if I expect that their was any time in history when the anything like a majority (or plurality) of people were worth a shit. Guess what, it isn't true now, wasn't true when I was a kid, it wasn't true when my parents were kids (in two different countries) and it does not take too much historical research to show that it wasn't true any other time before.

So you say that there are lots of young people who act like punks and whores and screw each other and then are mean to each other. WTF - duh. It was ever thus.

This is the thing, life isn't easy and it isn't fair. SO F'ING What. I act like a gentleman, married a beautiful lady who knows how to act like a lady. I raise my kids to act similarly. I pay good money to put them through schools where at least the majority of the other kids behave similarly. I found a church that puts God first and doesn't care what the world thinks. It is not perfect, but it isn't bad.

If you are complaining that their are no good women, then I would say most likely you either are not looking in the right way or have something broken enough about you that the good ones have better options.

If you cannot find a social circle with a like mind, then again you are either not looking in the right places or you are unpleasant in ways that prevent it from happening.

Same for schools, work, anything else. These things are not easy, and they sometimes involve hard choices, but that is what it is. As I said before, life is not easy and isn't fair. Sorry if you don't like it, I cannot say I care.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Wow, you couldn't have missed the point more completely if you had actually tried. A lot of puzzling assumptions about me, as well. However, I am glad things are well and you are happy. May it continue to be so. It is only a female whim and anti-male family court laws away from not being the case. If it does happen, you just might rethink a bit of that smug.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote:The thing is, the details may be different, but in the end it is true. The vast majority of people in the world (including here) are idiots. It is the case now and always has been. So if you say something like, "are products of a time and society that no longer exists" as if I expect that their was any time in history when the anything like a majority (or plurality) of people were worth a shit. Guess what, it isn't true now, wasn't true when I was a kid, it wasn't true when my parents were kids (in two different countries) and it does not take too much historical research to show that it wasn't true any other time before.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

skb12172 wrote:Wow, you couldn't have missed the point more completely if you had actually tried.
If you think throwing out some random troll's ramblings is pertinent to anything, then maybe your point isn't worth making.

skb12172 wrote:..... However, I am glad things are well and you are happy. May it continue to be so. It is only a female whim and anti-male family court laws away from not being the case. If it does happen, you just might rethink a bit of that smug.
You have a bug up your nether regions about family court, maybe you had a bad time of it (or know someone who did) - sorry for that. When something that should be worked out amicably between people individually goes to court, the result will suck. It has always been such.

As it happens, I am not completely unfamiliar with family court. My parents were divorced when I was about ten, my mother was given full custody and the house and various other crappy things. My parents thought the thought the settlement was stupid so they worked out a different arrangement because it is not like the judge had any way to check what the fuck they did. Reasonable people can act reasonable, just don't expect most people to be that way. You can however control who you spend your time with.

In any case, of course something can change all of a sudden and drop your life down the crapper (and anything related to one's spouse is the least of concerns in that regard) - that just goes without saying. There are no guarantees other than life is hard and not fair (I think I said that already, but it does not seem to be getting through).

The sum total of your point is that in some regard ones wife can screw up your life and the family courts may (will?) abet that action. Okay, duh. Life is hard and not fair. Choose your wife carefully. In the Nav we said "choose your rate, choose your fate" - it goes doubly with wives (and husbands relative to the women).
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Vonz90 wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Wow, you couldn't have missed the point more completely if you had actually tried.
If you think throwing out some random troll's ramblings is pertinent to anything, then maybe your point isn't worth making.

skb12172 wrote:..... However, I am glad things are well and you are happy. May it continue to be so. It is only a female whim and anti-male family court laws away from not being the case. If it does happen, you just might rethink a bit of that smug.
You have a bug up your nether regions about family court, maybe you had a bad time of it (or know someone who did) - sorry for that. When something that should be worked out amicably between people individually goes to court, the result will suck. It has always been such.

As it happens, I am not completely unfamiliar with family court. My parents were divorced when I was about ten, my mother was given full custody and the house and various other crappy things. My parents thought the thought the settlement was stupid so they worked out a different arrangement because it is not like the judge had any way to check what the fuck they did. Reasonable people can act reasonable, just don't expect most people to be that way. You can however control who you spend your time with.

In any case, of course something can change all of a sudden and drop your life down the crapper (and anything related to one's spouse is the least of concerns in that regard) - that just goes without saying. There are no guarantees other than life is hard and not fair (I think I said that already, but it does not seem to be getting through).

The sum total of your point is that in some regard ones wife can screw up your life and the family courts may (will?) abet that action. Okay, duh. Life is hard and not fair. Choose your wife carefully. In the Nav we said "choose your rate, choose your fate" - it goes doubly with wives (and husbands relative to the women).
What your parents did is impossible now. ALL child support goes through the state now, in fact the federal gobmint gives them money to handle that. The more child support payments the more they get.

What the state of marriage was in the low class when you were marriage age is now the state in the upper middle class.

So we're in this position were the system and family courts give all the power to the woman. What recorse do the men have?

From here your statements look little different than blaming the wives that claims marital rape for marrying the louse she did. The difference comes that when there was no marital rape the courts didnt rape her after the husband did the way the courts do to the man.

Marriage as a societal institution is dead. There wont be a post millenial generations at the rate things are going. We are following the japanese in this respect and are maybe 15 years behind them.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop