"That's When I Lit Him Up!"

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Old Grafton

"That's When I Lit Him Up!"

Post by Old Grafton »

Smart CCW holder distracts armed robber; shoots the *#&!er....
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... d-suspect/

Good job, Dennis!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
skb12172

Re: "That's When I Lit Him Up!"

Post by skb12172 »

I hope he never has to buy his own drinks again. He won't if I'm around.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

On my birthday. That's a present for me, as far as I'm concerned. It reminds me of some of the older black gentlemen where I grew up. They worked hard for what they have. They all carry and if you mess with them, they will not hesitate to rock your world.

Didn't someone post awhile ago that blacks and white women were the largest growing ccw demographic?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

The robber's gun wasn't even loaded! Bwahaaaaa! :lol:

Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

skb12172 wrote:The robber's gun wasn't even loaded! Bwahaaaaa! :lol:

Not all that uncommon, from what I've read. Unloaded, partially loaded, bullets in the mag but nothing chambered, wrong ammo loaded, all surprisingly common in guns taken from criminals.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Cybrludite wrote:
skb12172 wrote:The robber's gun wasn't even loaded! Bwahaaaaa! :lol:

Not all that uncommon, from what I've read. Unloaded, partially loaded, bullets in the mag but nothing chambered, wrong ammo loaded, all surprisingly common in guns taken from criminals.
Some criminals are under the (mistaken) impression that they can't be charged with armed robbery or assault with a deadly weapon if the gun isn't loaded (or is fake) since they weren't technically armed. Doesn't usually play out well (especially in CCW states).
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I am a lawyer and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express a few years ago, so I feel qualified to add my two cents.
If the robber did things to make it reasonable for the victim to believe he was armed, it's armed robbery.
Even if it's a nicely shaped bar of soap and shoe polish.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Windy Wilson wrote:I am a lawyer and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express a few years ago, so I feel qualified to add my two cents.
And to think, I used to like you! :D :D :D
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Windy Wilson wrote:I am a lawyer and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express a few years ago, so I feel qualified to add my two cents.
If the robber did things to make it reasonable for the victim to believe he was armed, it's armed robbery.
Even if it's a nicely shaped bar of soap and shoe polish.
Oh, agreed no issue. But no one ever said criminals were smart.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

First Shirt wrote:
And to think, I used to like you! :D :D :D
What have you got against Holiday Inn Express?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop