So Mary Tyler Moore Croaked.....

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Old Grafton

So Mary Tyler Moore Croaked.....

Post by Old Grafton »

...and I am unaffected. I didn't know her and didn't like her acting. And she was mos def anti- gun and -gunowner. Cue all the fake sobbery and slobbery.
Last edited by Old Grafton on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
slowpoke

Re: So May Tyler Moore Croaked.....

Post by slowpoke »

Wasnt she anti family and marriage as well, or at least her show was "empowered divorcee"...
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Steamforger

Re: So Mary Tyler Moore Croaked.....

Post by Steamforger »

I'm expecting that 2017 will cut an even wider swath through Hollyweird and the rest of the "celebrity" culture.

Can't say I'm "not" looking forward to it.
randy

Re: So May Tyler Moore Croaked.....

Post by randy »

slowpoke wrote:Wasnt she anti family and marriage as well, or at least her show was "empowered divorcee"...
Which show? I'm old enough to sort of remember the Dick Van Dyke show, and as for her 70's show (when you only receive one station, you watched what was on) I don't recall her having been divorced, but as a young single women starting a career (which was a major step then. Adding divorce to it would have killed show before hitting the air). All single parents I can think of in that time frame were widows/widowers or relatives of dead parents. I don't think divorced mom became a TV thing until after Norman Lear got rolling a few years later.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

*looks at her IMDB profile*

Meh.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I think maybe Rhoda was divorced in the MTV show.

I never cared much for her. Her characters were always annoying.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Can't help it. I loved her with D van D and I have very fond memories of her solo show. Before I was old enough to go to school, I used to watch reruns of it with my mom everyday. My fondness is probably more in association with a happy time of life, rather than the quality of the show.

Her friend, Rhoda, was divorced. Rhoda later had her own spinoff show.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

skb12172 wrote:Can't help it. I loved her with D van D and I have very fond memories of her solo show. Before I was old enough to go to school, I used to watch reruns of it with my mom everyday. My fondness is probably more in association with a happy time of life, rather than the quality of the show.

Her friend, Rhoda, was divorced. Rhoda later had her own spinoff show.
There's was another spin off called "Phyllis" which my Dad always called "Syphilis"

I only learned why that was funny years later, when I learned was Syphilis is.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Lou Grant was another spinoff. Unusual, in that it was a serious drama.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Yeah, good ol' Ed Asner, Flaming Commie Dick.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.