So Mary Tyler Moore Croaked.....

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Greg

Re: So Mary Tyler Moore Croaked.....

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:Can't help it. I loved her with D van D and I have very fond memories of her solo show. Before I was old enough to go to school, I used to watch reruns of it with my mom everyday. My fondness is probably more in association with a happy time of life, rather than the quality of the show.

Her friend, Rhoda, was divorced. Rhoda later had her own spinoff show.
Rhoda always made me thing of Maude, another horror show. (I was young and all that awful shit blended together.)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Rich

Post by Rich »

C'mon, compared to the dreck the networks are showing today, that was quality fantasy. :roll:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Can't help it. I loved her with D van D and I have very fond memories of her solo show. Before I was old enough to go to school, I used to watch reruns of it with my mom everyday. My fondness is probably more in association with a happy time of life, rather than the quality of the show.

Rhoda always made me thing of Maude, another horror show. (I was young and all that awful shit blended together.)
We watched all that stuff when I was a kid, Rhoda, Maude, All In The Family, Sanford and Son. Rhoda's voice annoyed me even then. If a woman's voice is bad enough to turn off a teenage boy, it's BAD.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Greg wrote:

A spinoff of All In The Family. It was an awful show, though to be honest I never liked the character so I'm sure that didn't help.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

My parents watched all that stuff. Three channels - it was like Henry Ford's answer to what colors a model T was available in: "Any color you want, as long as it's black."

As a teenaged boy, I wanted to find Adrienne Barbeau attractive, but she was too scary. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:
Greg wrote:

A spinoff of All In The Family. It was an awful show, though to be honest I never liked the character so I'm sure that didn't help.
Oh I know, like 'The Jeffersons'. It was all just savagely awful. It was the 70's, the deepest depth of suck.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr