Wolves in Paris

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Wolves in Paris

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... es-9638206

... are werewolves in London far behind?
Last edited by Vonz90 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell

Re: Wolves in Paris

Post by Darrell »

Link no worky.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Darrell wrote:Link no worky.
Link fixty
Denis

Post by Denis »

Splendid. Paris is only 90 minutes away by TGV. Must bring my binoculars...!
randy

Post by randy »

they only eat four-legged animals
Really?

I know their historical man-eating reputation is exaggerated, and IIRC they won't usually go after a healthy adult human, but I'd not want my small children unsupervised if wolves (or any of a number of other predators) were in the area. Or small pets.

Wouldn't be surprised if winos and druggies in side alleys end up being considered as "four legged" in the right situation.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

randy wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if winos and druggies in side alleys end up being considered as "four legged" in the right situation.

Quite often they are, 'til the sun's fully up and the drink/dope wears off.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

randy wrote:
Really?

I know their historical man-eating reputation is exaggerated, and IIRC they won't usually go after a healthy adult human, but I'd not want my small children unsupervised if wolves (or any of a number of other predators) were in the area. Or small pets.

They may not eat but the truism of "they're more scared of you than you are of them" applies, and they will defend themselves if they feel threatened. As far as wolves are concerned, it's the middle of the night in the field, they're the rednecks with shotguns and we're the space aliens with weird ships and items that look suspiciously like anal probes.

At Wolf Haven, visitors aren't allowed to bring umbrellas if it rains because although the wolves are used to seeing humans, apparently umbrellas freak them the hell out.
ShooterScott

Post by ShooterScott »

Wolves, I think are known more for being shy than anything, people shouldn't have much to worry about.

We have a ton of coyotes around these parts and they keep to themselves pretty much. Now the owl are known to steal your dogs.
Ex Coast Guard, Full time assistant cook, part time blogger
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

French government hopes French wolves will develop taste for Muslims.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

ShooterScott wrote:Wolves, I think are known more for being shy than anything, people shouldn't have much to worry about.

We have a ton of coyotes around these parts and they keep to themselves pretty much. Now the owl are known to steal your dogs.
They are, right up until they are not. Once you are on the menu, they are very much not shy.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/01/world ... treds.html