Wolves in Paris

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Windy Wilson

Re: Wolves in Paris

Post by Windy Wilson »

Vonz90 wrote:They are, right up until they are not. Once you are on the menu, they are very much not shy.
The same with Mountain Lions in California. Lots more attacks on children since 1995 and the end of hunting them. They've also apparently gotten lots less reclusive. And then there's that jogger in Colorado who got eaten.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

At least one recent documented case of some wolves killing a teacher running out in the Bush up here in AK. They are just like any other predator, but there just aren't as many of them so they don't get as many opportunities...
BDK

Post by BDK »

This could be total conjecture but I was told European wolves are far less afraid of humans than American ones - which makes sense as gray wolves were barely ever seen on the large ranch we had in MT when I was a boy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

dfwmtx wrote:French government hopes French wolves will develop taste for Muslims.
Hmmm. Now how can this be developed? How can GMO be used to develop an aversion to eaters of pork and matzo? :)
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy