Carrie Fisher And Debbie Reynolds, RIP

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Jericho941

Re: Carrie Fisher And Debbie Reynolds, RIP

Post by Jericho941 »

Look. 2016 has a very well established MO. 2016 does not kill people we want to die. Fonda, Bergdahl, Manning, etc? Free pass. Fidel Castro? Too old for even 2016 to overlook.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It was my understanding that Ms. Fisher didn't want to live in Donald Trump's America anyway.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

randy wrote:Sorry you're upset, but I don't see what the problem is. I found it a mildly humorous and not disrespectful to Fisher, who never seemed to take herself too seriously.

National Review Online had this take on it: Linky

I think it comes down to different people handle life's issues in different ways.
Kinda soon, but since NRO and Randy say it's OK:
Carrie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

Deleted by author as possibly bogus.
Last edited by Rich on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

When I was about 10 years old, I saw Debbie Reynolds in a movie, and had a terrible crush on her! As a commentary on youth, I can no longer remember the name of the movie, but I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world, until I saw Judy Rutherford in the 5th grade, at which point Debbie Reynolds became "Who?"
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Rich wrote:FWIW, I recall a couple of stories I heard about Fisher participating in orgies with the Sharon Tate crowd before Manson did his thing. These stories were supposedly told by Fisher herself. But then, Polansky was probably involved so there's that.

Didn't make me think any less of her because I didn't worship her in the first place. I just chalked it up to Hollywood and studio politics. Plus, anyone who would wear perfectly good cinnimon buns in her hair. :oops:
I find that hard to believe--Fisher would have not quite reached her 13th birthday when the Manson/Tate murders happened.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Carrie would probably be saying right about now, "Isn't that just like my mom. Even upstages me in death."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

That sounds like her sense of humor, but honestly? The upstaging was circumvented by the nature of Carrie Fisher's death: drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.