Fidel Castro Dead

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
JustinR

Re: Fidel Castro Dead

Post by JustinR »

About damn time.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Finally became a good communist.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Lessee, Castro's dead, Shrillary's defeated, Trump is in, MSNBC etc in shambles, Breitbart ascendent, etc., Dem's foaming at the mouth in soiled knickers....my cup runneth over for 2016!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Old Grafton wrote:Lessee, Castro's dead, Shrillary's defeated, Trump is in, MSNBC etc in shambles, Breitbart ascendent, etc., Dem's foaming at the mouth in soiled knickers....my cup runneth over for 2016!
Along the "Dems in soiled knickers" route, we find Jill Stein of the Green Party, praising Castro as "a symbol of the struggle for justice".

I've always considered the Green Party as a dysfunctional wing of the Democrats.

On the other hand, Raul is a bit of a psychopath. And, from what I understand, Raul's kids have a lot in common with Uday and Qusay.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

And Trump has the best statement from a world leader so far on the murderer.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus wrote:And Trump has the best statement from a world leader so far on the murderer.
Yup. Here it is.
15171211_10154148079405922_8854762145720210538_n.jpg
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

WOW!!!

I think I need a cigarette, now.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

The video in the column from Mark Steyn is absolutely great: http://www.steynonline.com/7620/make-ke ... reat-again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjc00OX27e4
Brit destroys a Castro lover, who happened to work for the KGB in the 70s
But perhaps the most revealing aspect of this discussion is the person put up to defend Castro - former Guardian literary editor Richard Gott. As Douglas remarks:

I don't remember the Vietnam war, but I do remember that you had to leave your job at The Guardian because you were outed as an agent of influence at the KGB. So it's not like listening to a normal critic is it? It's like listening to somebody who worked for the SS talking about the Nazi rule in Germany in the Forties.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Precision wrote:I have an ex (bat shit insane that one is, but otherwise a nice woman) who is Cuban. She is worthless with joy right now.

He was not quite as debilitating to the Cuban nation as the Kim's have been to North Korea but it has been a close race. Slow roast in hell.
Old man, your romantic history sounds as interesting as mine, in the Chinese Chinese curse kinda way. :lol:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Precision

Post by Precision »

skb12172 wrote:
Precision wrote:I have an ex (bat shit insane that one is, but otherwise a nice woman) who is Cuban. She is worthless with joy right now.

He was not quite as debilitating to the Cuban nation as the Kim's have been to North Korea but it has been a close race. Slow roast in hell.
Old man, your romantic history sounds as interesting as mine, in the Chinese Chinese curse kinda way. :lol:
yeah well. The last 7 years were mostly awesome. We will find out if that was an evolution or an anomaly. Vegas is giving 3:1 on anomaly. sigh
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/