Standing Rock useful idiot go boom, fall down.

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Cybrludite

Standing Rock useful idiot go boom, fall down.

Post by Cybrludite »

"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Odahi

Re: Standing Rock useful idiot go boom, fall down.

Post by Odahi »

Once again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You have a right to PEACEFUL protest. You do NOT have a right to criminal trespass, attempted sabotage, and attempted assault on Law Enforcement Officers. It's especially fitting if you have a "workplace accident" in the process.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Here's a good article about that protest

TLDR: It's based on flat out lies.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Those idiots keep on giving...

Apparently someone got interviewed by the Joint Terrorism Task Force
NERMEEN SHAIKH: Well, Wayne Wilansky, I want to ask you about the FBI agents who visited your daughter’s hospital room yesterday. At least one of the FBI agents was wearing a jacket from the Joint Terrorism Task Force. Democracy Now! reached out to the FBI Tuesday, but the agency refused to comment. Can you explain what the FBI agents were doing at the hospital yesterday?
WAYNE WILANSKY: Well, obviously, it was a very intrusive and it was a very hard time, and Sophia was being—waiting to go to surgery. And they’re basically keeping us prisoner inside her hospital room, waiting for a warrant, which never came. They didn’t tell us what they were there for, for many hours. Eventually, I got to speak to a supervisor and learned that what they were looking for was her clothing. And I did eventually consent. I had taken her clothing back to my hotel room the night before, and I did consent to give them the clothing, eventually, after talking to the supervisors. I have an unwritten agreement, but I put it in writing anyway, that they will give me access to those materials so that I can test them, as well, and that they’ll preserve and not destroy that evidence, because I would want to see it, and I would want to have it forensically tested myself.
Here's the interview.
Additionally, video footage shows an FBI agent with the Joint-Terrorism Task Force waiting outside Sophia Wilansky’s hospital door, he said. Wilansky nearly had her arm blown off by a percussion grenade after she was hit, and knocked to the ground by a rubber bullet on November 20, medics and activists said.
Here's another story.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Steve Martinez, 42, a pipeline protester from Williston, N.D., has been ordered to testify regarding the arm injury of Sophia Wilansky, 21, of New York, according to his attorney, Ralph Hurvitz. Protesters maintain she was injured by a grenade thrown by police, but authorities say she was hurt by a small propane tank that protesters rigged to explode.
So, there's that.