DDoS attacks, Wikileaks, and the evil party

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
JustinR

DDoS attacks, Wikileaks, and the evil party

Post by JustinR »

Tonight Drudge has continued to report that there are major DDoS attacks occurring against DNS servers in the United States. This is in apparent retaliation for John "I served in Vietnam" Kerry pressuring the government of Equador to cut off Julian Asange's internet access at their embassy in England where he has been holed up. Color me surprised....the Democrats using the diplomatic force of the United States in an attempt to shut up someone that is hurting HRC? Say it isn't so! While I'm not particularly a fan of how Wikileaks has chosen to go about getting their information, they have certainly blown the lid off of the Clinton Foundation scam machine....although walking through the terminal today, the talking liberal heads were once again stating how "oh, that's just how these things WORK, you don't understand." Sigh.

I guess I'm feeling depressed because it really seems like no one cares anymore that their government is corrupt and the media is complicit. How much more proof do people need before they get angry? Although it was just coming from his ego, when Trump said in the third debate that he might not accept the results of a rigged election, the media went ape-shit despite the fact they will gladly paint voter ID laws as racist, and ignore the consequences of illegal aliens voting in our elections, and then claim the results are valid. WTF? It's like we've entered the Twilight Zone here. Please forgive my rambling.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Termite

Re: DDoS attacks, Wikileaks, and the evil party

Post by Termite »

JustinR wrote:..... when Trump said in the third debate that he might not accept the results of a rigged election, the media went ape-shit.....
It really doesn't matter if Trump "accepts" the result of the election if he gets defeated, unless he's got SOCOM, DEVGRU, the 160th SOAR, and maybe a couple of SSBNs willing to launch on his orders.
And the election isn't "over" until the Electoral College casts their ballots anyway, popular vote not withstanding.

If there's one thing Trump has demonstrated in the last couple of weeks, it's that he is an intemperate flaming asshole who won't listen to his campaign advisers, and misses political "softballs" that should have Hitllary on the defensive.

The only, and I mean ONLY, reason that I see to vote for Trump is SCOTUS.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Reason Number Two: All the right people will lose their minds because of him winning.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

If just one of the celebrities moves to Canada, it will make my day. Blowhard dumb-asses. "I'll move to Canada if Trump wins, but anyone who leaves the country because the .gov wants to take 90% of his income is an evil reactionary." :roll:
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

scipioafricanus wrote:Reason Number Two: All the right people will lose their minds because of him winning.
It would really make my day, too.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

After watching this I can't help but wonder inevitable the course of the near future may be, given the service economy.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Jericho941 wrote:After watching this I can't help but wonder inevitable the course of the near future may be, given the service economy.
Could you expand on that thought please?
I saw the video, thought it was quite interesting. Will be reading the book said video based itself upon once I get finished with Egil's saga.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I saw that video too. It's one of those videos that does not tell you anything you didn't already know (at least for members of this forum) but does a great job of explaining the concept and thing things together. I too would like to hear about the implications of a service economy in relation to these rules.
BDK

Post by BDK »

I don't think there really is such a thing as a service economy. There could be service dominated ones, but at the core, I think some manner of transfiguration needs to go on.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I read somewhere today that voting for Trump is giving a big "F**K YOU" to both parties. It is like the entire electorate wagging their middle finger at the established elite.

Voters should wag their middle finger at the established elite on a regular basis. Yeah, Trump is a misogynistic ashole, but he's not a career politician.

I'm watching this whole thing with utter amazement. And, I see a UPI poll today that says that Trump has a chance to carry the electoral college. It seems that there are a lot of people willing to wag the middle finger.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House