Debt Kills (again)

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Re: Debt Kills (again)

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote:yeah, that's what has done in Cabelas. Debt.
That's what killed my all time favorite reloading source, lock stock and barrel. Rumor is, during the credit crunch of 2010, the bank called in their loan (probably to pay off their loans that got called in), and it killed their business.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:yeah, that's what has done in Cabelas. Debt.
That's what killed my all time favorite reloading source, lock stock and barrel. Rumor is, during the credit crunch of 2010, the bank called in their loan (probably to pay off their loans that got called in), and it killed their business.
Those guys were awesome.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I know, right? Everything they carried was at least decent quality, and they were usually the cheapest for the stuff they carried.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

For Cabellas, it wasn't debt or profitability. It was activist investors (led by Elliott Management Corp) buying up stock and raising a big stink about returns.

Bass Pro is either private or closely held, so they don't give a crap about that stuff.
Denis

Post by Denis »

HTRN wrote:I know, right? Everything they carried was at least decent quality, and they were usually the cheapest for the stuff they carried.
That is terrible news about LSB. They were great to deal with, and they used to ship to me in USPS flat-rate boxes. By far the cheapest method from the US. Hard to find others who will do that, and DHL/UPS/FEDEX and their ilk are all silly expensive.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

randy wrote: Not familiar with Bass Pro, never lived near one or was traveling close enough to stop by. I've been buying from Cabelas's for over 30 years. Hope they maintain some level of quality and selection.
Er no, that's not the Bass Pro way. The Bass Pro way is to sell overpriced clothing and have a piss-poor selection of anything you actually want. They also sell Bass Boats.