Shooting at Washington mall

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Netpackrat

Re: Shooting at Washington mall

Post by Netpackrat »

Langenator wrote:Here's my WAG: the shooter's target was his ex-GF, who worked the perfume counter. The other four victims were witnesses/collateral damage.
I wonder if her name was Allie Ackbar?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Just in time for the AGs big push on gun control. Good luck Jered.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

So, one of the victims was a probation officer. And the shooter had plenty of legal/criminal issues (including a court order not to have firearms, which makes the whole shooting unpossible, natch). No word if the victim was the shooter's probation officer.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Jered

Post by Jered »

Durham68 wrote:Just in time for the AGs big push on gun control. Good luck Jered.
What next? Income tax?

:roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Couple things, Mossberg MVP series, bolt action hunting rifles that take ar-10 and ar-15 mags in their .308 and .223 offerings. So there are "hi-cap" hunting rifles in bigger calibers. Second, I actually encountered that little shit a couple hours beforehand, I don't know his real motivation, but he was definitely unhinged.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
evan price

Post by evan price »

10-22 IIRC, and the guy is a Turk Muslim.
Maybe he was looking for the snackbar?
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

That was fun, couple of detectives just visited my gun shop, we turned over our surveillance footage of the suspect in the store and told them what all he said and did in out store. I must say, it was weird being on the other side of the clipboard. Anyway, we didn't sell him anything, no way he would have passed a NICS check anyway, and I managed to convince him it was impossible to buy a gun without one, even knowing damn well otherwise.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

And now they're saying that he was a registered voter (although not a U.S, citizen) and had voted at least three times.

But there's no voter fraud in this country!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom